*** Lesson Details ***
My lessons are custom-oriented to your goals. You will learn confidence in your abilities to perform well and have fun. I will train your mental toolkit, while steering you toward the digital and real-world tools you need to achieve musical success.
Working towards clearly defined goals in a low-pressure, focused environment, my students reach their maximum potential quickly and with confidence. With my expertise and your dedication, we'll have fun and you'll come away from each lesson with something new to work on.
You already enjoy listening to music, now it's time to enjoy making it!
I've appeared on recordings with dozens of rock, pop, jazz, and classical groups, and perform on a variety of instruments and styles throughout the Boston area.
I listen to and play all kinds of music from Beethoven to Stravinsky, Arcade Fire to Beyonce, James Brown to Snoop Dogg/Lion. I have had the pleasure to share the stage with rockers Dee Snider (Twisted Sister), Scott Weiland (Stone Temple Pilots), and Mike Portnoy (Dream Theater), and jazz greats Maynard Ferguson, Jimmie Lunceford, Conrad Herwig, "Blue" Lou Marini, and Jeff Coffin (Flecktones).
I've played acoustic and electric guitar, bass guitar, trumpet, trombone, tuba, French horn, violin, cello, and string bass drums. Some of my favorite recent projects have been:
-Quilty (Pavement-style hard rock band)
-The Nevermind Orchestra (brass band that covers Nirvana tunes)
-Chill Sons (my own band for which I write songs, play guitar, and sing)
-Manhattan Symphonie (an entertaining symphony orchestra featuring soloists on piano, violin, saw, urdu, and tap shoes)
It is a treat to share music with others, and my lessons are fun, challenging, and engaging.
Thanks for stopping by to look at my profile! Let's hang out and do music things.
The American Federation of Teachers is a union of professionals that champions fairness; democracy; economic opportunity; and high-quality public education, healthcare and public services for our students, their families and our communities. We are committed to advancing these principles through community engagement, organizing, collective bargaining and political activism, and especially through the work our members do.
The general purposes of the International Trombone Association shall be: To promote communications among trombonists around the world, to improve the artistic level of performance, teaching, and literature associated with the trombone family and to function as a clearing house for trombone-related ideas and information
· Saxophone · Online Chuck is very patient and very knowledgeable, and he has a way to let the kids to absorb quickly. My son can already play 30 short songs on Saxophone and Guitar after only 5 lessons.
· Saxophone · In home Chuck was on time, professional and my son really enjoyed his first lesson. Chuck was able to quickly figure out where my son was in the learning process so that they could get started right away. Excellent teacher!
· Guitar · In home Chuck was terrific with both my five year old son learning to play for the first time and my more experienced husband learning to refine his skills and progress further with theory. He is excellent with children and my son keeps asking if he can come everyday.
· Acoustic Guitar · In home I lucked out when Chuck became my teacher to give me guitar lessons. After all these years, I am finally beginning to believe that I can actually play a guitar, thanks to Chuck. He gives me his positive feedback at every lession which encourages me to practice and believe in myself.. He is so smart, kind, patient, talented, and funny too. If anyone comes to you seeking a very talented teacher to learn an instrument, you would be wise to assign Chuck to be their teacher.
· Trombone · Online We're a few lessons in and Chuck is helping me a lot! As someone who does not have a performance degree, I have a lot of basic questions about how to practice, rehearse and perform. Chuck has been great and I look forward to continuing to learn!
· Saxophone · Online Being a complete beginner with no background in music or playing a musical instrument, Chuck was patient and enjoyable to work with. I am excited about the future lessons!
· Trumpet · Online Great interesting trumpet lessons learning fast!
· · Had a great guitar lesson! Great teacher!
· · Review
I had some questions and Chuck Wilson helped me a lot
· Guitar · Great teacher
I had been teaching myself how to play guitar for a few years and felt like I was not making any progress, so I decided to take some lessons. I feel very fortunate that I was able to find Chuck and work with him.
Chuck is a very talented musician and teacher. He communicates and explains musical concepts in a way that's easy to understand. Lessons were challenging, but in a good way, and Chuck is always friendly and supportive. He gave me great recommendations for what to work on in practice and always had listening suggestions that reinforced what we were working on.
I wish that I had started taking lessons with him sooner, because I learned and improved more as a musician and guitarist in 2 months of lessons with Chuck than in the 2-3 years I had been teaching myself how to play. I can't recommend him enough, especially for beginners or someone who needs a little help to take the next step in their musical journey.