I teach music lessons to both kids and adults of all playing levels and all styles including Classical and Jazz.
Performing at various venues including: the Maffey Theater, Ruth Eckerd Hall, Straz Center, Bob Carr Performing Arts Center, Van Wezel Performing Arts Center, and Carnegie Hall.
Performed with artists such as Il Divo, Supertramp, Indigo Girls, and Celtic Thunder.
Performed with the Nebraska Theatre Caravan's National Tour of A Christmas Carol, 8 O'Clock Theatre and Freefall Theatre.
The National Flute Association, founded in 1972, is the largest flute organization in the world. Approximately 5,000 members from more than 50 countries join together in person, online, at conventions, informally and in forums, through publications and classrooms, in performance, in friendship and collegiality. Guided by its goals to encourage a higher standard of artistic excellence for the flute, its performers, and its literature, members include leading soloists, orchestral players, jazz and world music performers, teachers, adult amateurs, and students of all ages.
Sigma Alpha Iota is a professional International Music Fraternity for women. Formed to uphold the highest standards of music and to further the development of music in America and throughout the world, it continues to provide musical and educational resources to its members and the general public.Sigma Alpha Iota operates its own national philanthropy, Sigma Alpha Iota Philanthropies, Inc.
The International Clarinet Association is a community of clarinetists and clarinet enthusiasts that supports projects that will benefit clarinet performance; provides opportunities for the exchange of ideas, materials, and information among its members; fosters the composition, publication, recording, and distribution of music for the clarinet; encourages the research and manufacture of a more definitive clarinet; avoids commercialism in any form while encouraging communication and cooperation among clarinetists and the music industry; and encourages and promotes the performance and teaching of a wide variety of repertoire for the clarinet.
· Piano · In home For starters Christina came in 7 mins late (6:37) but promptly took her hands off the piano at 7:00 Pm stating, 30 mins done.
She made no effort to introduce herself to our 6 year old or get to know her atall.
She just sat down and started talking about this is a note,half note and the piano has groups of 2 and 3.
What does a half note mean to a 6 year old who is brand new to piano?
The lesson was absolutely drag and boring with my child just copying what she did.
Totally disappointing. Need a new instructor.
· Saxophone · In home Christina is very patient and helps her new students fully enjoy taking lessons. My grandson was very excited for his first lesson and very happy with the teacher and the lesson and is looking forward to his next lesson with her. Thank you Christina!
· Saxophone · In studio Great Job!
· Flute · In home Thank you for pointing out the issue with my air flow and the opportunities
Remember to let me know about when you play in the jazz group as well.
· Clarinet · In home Christina was wonderful with my 11 year old for her first lesson! My daughter is brand new at learning to play the clarinet. She walked in knowing two notes, she walked out playing a couple of simple songs! Christina pulled her own clarinet and played along with my daughter, this made it so much easier to learn as well as fun. I'm keeping my fingers crossed that lessons continue to go this well.
· Saxophone · In studio Excellent lesson!
· Piano · In home First lesson ever. Christina is personable and shows she will work at the pace you need her to for your skill level. Looking forward to future lessons.
· Piano · In studio Good first lesson!
· Piano · In studio Instructor is clearly knowledgeable in music however, not skilled at assessing the best starting point for the student. Could be better if slowed the pace, and took the time to confirm that the student is absorbing what is being taught. Would be a great tutor for assisting in understanding, or reviewing what is being taught elsewhere. Not so much as an instructor for a beginner.
· Piano · In home Christina is pleasant, very knowledgeable, and knows how to teach! (My four stars in the other review was preliminary after only a lesson or two.)