- Teaches students:
- Ages 5+ and special needs
- Teaching since:
-Great Drum lessons by Christian Finger!
I am a professional drummer (with MA and BA Degrees) for over 30 years and have played with some of the best musicians in New York City and abroad.
I also love to teach and have many years of experience.
Learn and improve your drumming skills in a fun and efficient way with highly qualified lessons!
All Ages/ Levels (beginners/kids welcome) and Styles (e.g. Rock, Pop, Funk, Hip-Hop, Jazz, Latin, World etc...)
You'll be surprised how much you learn from a:
- Holder of BA teaching & MA percussion degrees
- Patient, friendly and encouraging teacher (23 years of experience)
- Award winning, very versatile professional drummer in all styles, born and raised in Germany
- Writer for the famous "Modern Drummer" Magazine (see pix)
- Endorsed by Gretsch Drums & Vic Firth Sticks
- Judge at "DRUM OFF" competition
- Author of "The Drum Workbook" drum book
Curriculum consists of:
- All kind of Grooves, Solos & Fills
- Snare Drum Technique, Rudiments, Matched and Traditional Grip
- Foot Technique
- Coordination and Independence
- Sight Reading
- How to function in a band, what to listen for, how to "play in the pocket"
- How to create and read Drum Charts
- Expanding your ideas and vocabulary on the drums
- Special attention to musicality & detail
- Sound & Tuning
Use of tried & true materials/concepts:
- Play Along Tracks
- Transcriptions of the Masters
- Practicing w/ Metronome
- Recording/filming drumming progress
-Drum Apps and more
All this will lead to a specially developed curriculum set according to YOUR needs.
Very high success rates: students have played w/ famous artists like Debbie Harry, recorded CD's, went on tour, won competitions and auditions and play actively in NJ, NY venues and abroad.
I can teach in English, German or Dutch; Gift Certificates now available.
"... loves to teach and it shows."
"...You know, you're pretty amazing. I've had 2 lessons with you and you have already improved my playing!! I am astounded. Thanks a million!!"
Amazing knowledge of drumming and music in general. Great personality. My son liked Christian a lot and he really improved tremendously with him.
Christian is knowledgeable about all styles of music, is patient, and impresses upon the student the value of the mastery of the basic elements of music, in particular the importance of the pulse.