Over 25 years violin teaching experience. I have successfully taught students ages 3 to adult. Anyone can learn to play the violin. Lessons in a comfortable setting, either my house or yours.
*** Lesson Details ***
Lessons are taught in my home in a comfortable setting. Parents are encouraged to sit in on lessons and are expected to help their child practice. I teach the Suzuki Method and the Suzuki book and recording are required. I will change details to suit a student, for instance I teach note reading long before a traditional Suzuki teacher would and I will add non-Suzuki materials into lessons if needed.
Elements of the Suzuki Philosophy
- every child (or adult) can learn
- listening and encouragement are essential
- parents are the real teachers, I am the director
- Love. I love each student and teach through my love
- accept where your child is, but challenge them to be better
- constant review and repetition of materials is essential to learning
- compete only with yourself, not your peers or parents
- character is developed as the child gains knowledge and ability
When learning music, your child is taught true self-confidence. They know they truly have achieved a great thing when they learn to play an instrument. The things they learn, such as patience and perseverance, will pour over into all areas of their lives
*** Studio Equipment ***
Young students are started out on a play violin so they can learn the proper positions before they graduate to their real violin. I will assist parents in finding the right instrument for their child.
*** Specialties ***
I have never found a child who couldn't learn music. Obviously, some will learn faster than others, but with the right encouragement and help from their parents, any child can learn to play the violin.
Played with LSCSO for 20 years. The last 5 years I sat assistant principle Violin II.