As a violin and viola instructor, my goal is to give my students lessons that are as fun and productive as possible. I teach my students all the essential technical and musical principles which help them to play the violin expressively, prevent them from developing harmful habits and help them reach their full potential. I do not use an exact method or course, but rather teach each student according to his/her particular needs. I teach beginner through advanced level.
I have been privileged to study violin with some of the most respected violin teachers in the US. Many of my teachers were graduates of Juliard and other top music schools where they studied with some of the most famous violin teachers of the 20th century including Ivan Galamian and Josef Gingold. I have also studied with Texas String Teacher of the Year winner Henry Rubin.
I teach violin from my house in north Houston and I can travel to your home as well (prices vary depending on location). I teach beginner through advanced. If you are interested you may call or text me.
~Texas All Sate String Orchestra
~Highland Lakes Orchestra
~Sub Violin for Symphony of Southeast Texas
Laura S. Camacho
Steven K. Leonard
AREAS OF EXPERTISE
· Violin · In studio My first lesson was today. I know I have made the right choice of instructors.
· Violin · In home Cameron is great and really wants his students to learn violin the correct way. I tend to want to take shortcuts and he encourages me to learn the foundation and work from there.
· Violin · In studio Cameron was great we really enjoyed him working with my 6 year old.
· Violin · In studio Very patient and through
· Violin · In studio Great teacher - very patient! First time touching a violin and I am 50 years old! I produced "sound" within 30 minutes with Cameron.
· Violin · In studio Great teaching. Very easy to understand and great pations with me. Thank you teacher!!
· Violin · In studio Cameron is great teacher! He is easy to communicate with. He is also very organized with his lesson plans.
· Violin · In studio First class, showed how to hold the violin and how to hold the bow. Reviewed what classes would entail, examined violin and adjusted some strings to tune. Good lesson as I am a total new person to the violin.
· Violin · In home Very patient! He works with my 6 year old child! I am anxious to continue lessons! She learned so much with just 5 lessons! She knows how to read music! She is very comfortable with the violin now!
· Violin · In studio Cameron has been very patient and encouraging to my son who is just beginning his violin study. I was very impressed.