My name is Britta, and I love piano and teaching! Music has brought great joy to my life, and it all started with the piano. I am eager to share that joy and power with you.
I started playing piano before I can remember and began lessons at age 5. I studied under my phenomenal teacher in Minnesota until I moved away when I was 18. I continued playing duets and quartets at her studio anytime I was back in Minnesota. I spent a few years living abroad and at college in Chicago. I taught first graders for a year at LEARN Excel Charter School in Chicago. Now I’ve relocated to Round Lake Beach, where I have a beautiful 80-year-old baby grand piano and a peaceful in-home studio.
When it comes to music, I think it's important to stay relaxed, push yourself, and have fun. Learning to play an instrument like the piano can be a very rich and transformative experience for anyone. Whatever it is you're looking for in learning piano, I'm eager to help and share the gifts my teacher gave me.
I taught a first grade class alongside another teacher. My primary focus was small group instruction in literacy and math.
· Piano · In home She was very patient and went at the pace that was right for me.
· Piano · In studio So far so good! The way Britta explains and instructs our 5 year old daughter is awesome! She is so excited to go back next week and learn more.
· Piano · In home Britta is a very nice person , professional
· Piano · In home My 9 yo
Daughter loved her first lesson with Britta
· Piano · In home Patient. Polite. Encouraging. Professional.
The perfect teacher
· Piano · In home My daughter loves her. Responded very well.
· Piano · In home I wasn't sure how this would go because my son is only three and half and a little nervous but she was very patient. He was able to calm down and is looking forward to next week!
· Piano · In home She was very patient and my five year old had a great time.
· Piano · In home Thank you Britta for this first five lessons with Kezia and Keren. You are so professional. They've really enjoy. That's why, they want you continue with them.
· Piano · In studio First lesson went very well. Britta is very kind and patient.