- National Criminal Record Check
- County/State Criminal Record Check
- Sex Offender Registry Search
- SSN Trace & Verification
Brian L. has undergone extensive training with certifications in the Speech Level Singing (SLS)* and New York Vocal Coaching (NYVC)** techniques.
An avid lover of music, Brian graduated Magna Cum Laude from the University of Southern California Thornton School of Music.
His most notable mentors include:
Seth Riggs (former teacher of Michael Jackson, Stevie Wonder, and James Ingram)
Aaron Hagan (teacher of Ariana Grande, Selena Gomez, and Ray Dalton)
Justin Stoney (founder of New York Vocal Coaching)
Greg Enriquez (former Master Instructor at Speech Level Singing)
Lorna Emata Goodwin (Level 5 Instructor at Speech Level Singing)
Brian's teaching style focuses heavily on the intersection of vocal science and artistry. He is also bilingual in Chinese and English and teaches in both languages.
The NYVC technique is studied by a wide range of professional singers ranging from Broadway actors to Metropolitan Opera soloists, and has combined the best tools and techniques from Bel Canto, SLS, and Complete Vocal Technique (CVT) techniques.
The SLS technique is one of the most famous singing techniques worldwide and has been studied by over 120 Grammy Award winners under the tutelage of founder Seth Riggs. Brian was a certified instructor of SLS for four years, from 2009 to 2013.
Founded in 1944, National Association of Teachers of Singing, Inc. (NATS) is the largest professional association of teachers of singing in the world with more than 7,000 members worldwide.
· · In studio I've been Brian's student for several years now.
I've tried several teachers in the past who spoke very vaguely when explaining things. My favorite thing about Brian is that he explains things very clearly and scientifically. I am now able to navigate through my high registers much more effortlessly.
Singing has become more enjoyable now that my technique has advanced. Brian's wonderfully warm and encouraging personality certainly helped as well!
On top of that, the price was super reasonable and totally worth it.
· Singing · In studio Brian is a great vocal teacher. Before I started taking voice lessons from him I almost completely believed I could never learn to sing high notes. For a while I believed it was impossible. Although, just after a few lessons with Brian he helped me discover places I thought my voice could never reach. I definitely do not regret any of the sessions because he has helped me improve my singing tremendously! Brian is so passionate about his job he gets pretty technical. He goes in great detail and in scientific detail too if he has to. Not only does he have great knowledge in vocals but he is also a fun, easy-going character. I highly recommend him!
· Singing · In studio As an entertainer, singing has always been the one thing i could never get, but really wanted. Even harmonizing was an impossible task for me. Within the 1st lesson, BrIan got me to a level that was actually bearable to the human ear. Within a couple months of lessons, not only was my (singing) voice in pitch and in tune, but i was auditioning for roles that required singing!
The tools i received here not only helped with my singing, but also my Voice Over work, and getting ready for filming and auditions(just speaking). My voice never sounded so good!
I have been to a few voice coaches in the past (per my agent's request), and Brian's coaching takes the cake. He keeps it simple, does not give a cookie-cutter approach (its personalized), and it helps that Brian is an outstanding singer, so that you have something to listen to and mimic as you go through the exercises (believe it or not i've been to voice coaches who can't sing...yes, really).
· Singing · In studio Pretty interesting. He's very thorough in explaining and laid back at the same time. He emphasized my poor posture which was totally correct. And I have a soft, high voice so learning how to belt is going to be funny. Overall great, give him a try, I think there's something to learn, plus first lesson is free!
· Singing · In studio I am so thankful and grateful for Brian Lin! My voice reached a plateau and wasn't getting any better, it wasn't getting stronger and I was getting more frustrated. I decided to mentally let go of my passion for singing and embrace the fact that I wasn't going to get any better. And then I met Brian. Long story short, he took my voice and completely transformed it in two weeks time with two sessions each week. I was able to belt, sing high and low notes strong and confidently, and my voice wasn't hoarse after all that singing because of the proper techniques. Brian is truly gifted and was born to teach!
If you've given up or simply have bad habits and damage to reverse, then Brian is your guy!
· Singing · In studio My first singing lesson ever. It was a 2 person Lesson and I love the way Brian explained to us our bodies and how as instruments we work. It even showed when he specifically did different exercises with each of us depending on what we needed. And the effects were immediate in the change you felt. Excited for the next one!
· Singing · In studio I have been a singer in different ensembles and choirs and pop/ rock bands over the years and it is very apparent how Brian takes a very effective style in teaching when compared to others. The exercises and solutions he gives cuts right into the cause of vocal problems, directly addressing certain parts of my voice which immediately makes vocal production much more healthy, and the quality of tone much better. Looking forward to working with him in the future and definitely recommend to anyone with any experience or vocal issues. He is indeed very knowledgeable and a good voice teacher.
· Singing · In studio I have been singing on and off for about 15 years, but I've never gotten serious about singing until 2 years ago when I started to sing in the USC Concert Choir. Since most of my influence on my current singing technique comes from the classical/choir side of things, I thought I needed some help in sounding more "pop" and eliminating some of my choir habits that might
not be the best for a solo singer. So I went to visit Brian last Saturday to have him help me out with Maroon 5's Sunday Morning, a song I'm planning to sing in a singing contest.
On top of giving you instructions of how does he want you to sing, he also spends time in explaining why he wants you to sing in the way he wants you to sing, which was really helpful to me. Some of his instructions can be a little... unorthodox, such as the "Chinese Stance" and "Snarl", but they always end up in producing a better quality of sound, and of course he explains why he's asking to snarl or stand in an awkward stance. So, apart from making you a better singers, you'll also walk away with more knowledge about your own voice.
· Singing · In studio Had an amazing first session with Brian! The techniques in which he uses are completely unique and sooo useful. I noticed a difference in my singing right away. I did things with my voice that I have never heard myself do before. All good things of course :)
His understanding of the vocal chords and how they work sets him apart from others. I learned more about the vocal chords in my first session with Brian than I have ever learned before. So if you are looking for a vocal technician that will push you to be the best and most powerful singer you can be, while teaching the anatomy of the vocal chords, definitely come see Brian Lin.
· Singing · In studio I've been self taught for the last 6 years, and my producer had been getting on me to take vocal lessons. As a soul,jazz, pop artist I was definitely weary of teachers needless to say. It's not like you can teach soul. But I knew I was missing some basics and wanted the right person to help me let my voice soar. I found Brian and have been a weekly student ever since. His ability to pinpoint a weak spot and find its solution in a matter of minutes is what keeps me going back. Its like science. I literally hear the difference in my voice over and over every session. As crazy as it sounds I never expected a teacher to have that kind of power, effect and result. But teachers SHOULD! I also dig the fact that he's as passionate about teaching as I am about my craft, again something all teachers SHOULD possess, but don't. If you want practical solutions and improvement for your voice I'm positive you'll get it here