- National Criminal Record Check
- County/State Criminal Record Check
- Sex Offender Registry Search
- SSN Trace & Verification
Hi, my name is Blake C. I teach guitar, singing, piano, drums, and bass online and at my Lowell, Indiana studio.
I also teach business, grammar, math (elementary, basic, pre-algebra) writing to include essay and professional business writing.
As a doctoral student at the University of New England, I am currently studying educational leadership with an emphasis on transformative leadership. In addition, I hold a Master of Science degree in Strategic Leadership from the University of Mary located in Bismarck, North Dakota and a Bachelor of Science in Business Management from WGU Indiana in Indianapolis, Indiana.
I have more than 26 years of experience as an executive and senior leader in the supply chain/logistics industry. Furthermore, I have nearly six years of experience consulting in business management, quality control, continuous improvement, education, and training.
During the same 26 years of my business career, I have been a professional musician - session musician and teacher. I was formally trained at the American Conservatory of Music and the Chicago Musical College, both located in Chicago. I won the Presidential Scholarship in Classical Guitar Performance at the American Conservatory of Music and another full-ride scholarship in Classical Guitar Performance to attend the Chicago Musical College.
My primary Classical Guitar Instructor at both institutions was Paul Henry. I also studied Rock Guitar with Dave Uhrich while attending both institutions and privately studied Jazz Guitar with Scott Reed. I studied voice with Audrey Evans at the American Conservatory of Music and Robert Long at the Chicago Musical College.
I have participated in Classical Guitar Master Classes with:
• Hubert Kappel
• Dale Kavanagh
• Eleftheria Kotzia
• Bruce Holzman
• Stephen Aron
• Raphaella Smits
• Richard Provost
• Nicholas Goluses
• William Buonocore.
*** Lesson Details ***
I design lessons individually according to the needs and "wants" of each student. I specialize in developing and correcting technique in technique to improve the student's overall skill. Students that dedicate the time and effort each week to practicing see rapid and sustained results.
However, if you have a busy life and merely want to learn guitar for personal enjoyment, I will design your lessons to develop your skill at a pace that works for you, which can fluctuate according to your schedule.
***Young & Special Needs Students***
I teach children as young as 13 years old and adults to the age of 70 years old. When teaching younger children and individuals with special needs, it is significantly beneficial for parents to attend each lesson - I have parent seating available. When parent(s) attend lessons, the parent can assist the younger student while practicing during the week at home.
In my experience, the overall musical development and progress of younger students improve considerably when parents are involved.
***Thoughts on Musical Talent***
Musical talent is a wonderful gift, but correct technique is not easily acquired without proper instruction. Your skill level eventually plateaus and your ability to learn and perform more complicated music is inhibited, unless you have a solid foundation in music theory as it applies to your instrument(s) as well as proper technique.
I can help you build this solid foundation and will guide you through the development of musical skills; correcting flaws in technique is my specialty.
*** Studio Equipment ***
GUITARS & BASSES: Gibson, Charvel, Fender, Peavey, Cordoba, Guild, Takamine, Yamaha
GUITAR & BASS AMPS: Blackstar, Egnater, Fender, Line 6, Peavey, Roland, and Behringer
MICS: Mojave Audio, AKG, Audio Technica, CAD Audio, Rode, Sennheiser, Shure, Studio Projects, and Yamaha
KEYBOARDS & SYNTHESIZERS: Korg, Roland, Yamaha, Casio
DRUMS: Pearl, Roland Digital
OUTBOARD GEAR: Universal Audio, JDK Audio, Alesis, Art, Audio Logic, Behringer, and Studio Projects
SOFTWARE: Cakewalk Sonar Platinum, Universal Audio UAD-2 Quad Flexi DSP, Soundtoys Bundle, Celemony Melodyne, Slate Digital FG-X, Steven Slate Drums Platinum, Antares Auto-Tune, Aspire, Antares Articulator, Choir, Harmony Engine, Throat, WAVES Waverider, OneKnob Series Bundle, CLA Artist & Kramer Signature, XLN Audio Addictive Drums, BBE Sonic Maximizer, Line 6 POD Farm 2.5 w/multiple packs
TakeLessons Articles I've Written:
Tips for Parents: Help Your Child Succeed in their Music Lessons
Improving Guitar Technique
Why Piano Theory is Important for ALL Musicians
Guitar Basics: Technique
How to Play the Song "Breathe" by Ana Nalick on Guitar
When I have availability, I substitute teach for the school district -- Tri-Creek School Corporation -- in Lowell, Indiana, which is the town I live in and six of my seven children attend school.
Management, Business Development, & Training Consulting Company:
Business solutions provider. Enhancing and growing businesses through education, development and implementation of training, operations, and quality programs.
Music instruction for guitar, voice, keyboard/piano, aural skills/sight-singing.
Held since 2010 and successfully renewed each year since.
Held since 2009 and successfully renewed each year since.
Tr-Creek School Corporation in Lowell, Indiana (the public school system)
Guitar Foundation of America (GFA) is the America's leading classical guitar organization founded in 1973 at the National Guitar Convention sponsored by the American String Teachers Association (ASTA).
The NTA was formed in 1992 for the purpose of establishing a membership organization for tutoring professionals. The NTA is dedicated exclusively to tutoring, and represents the interests of thousands of tutors in the U.S. and thirteen other countries, practicing in all phases of tutoring, program administration, and supplemental student services.
One of three United States performing rights organizations, along with ASCAP and SESAC. It collects license fees on behalf of songwriters, composers, and music publishers and distributes them as royalties to those members whose works have been performed. In FY 2013, BMI collected more than $944 million in licensing fees and distributed $814 million in royalties.
· Drum · Online
· Singing · In studio Great experience, easy to talk to, smart in his field of work.
· Guitar · In studio Blake is incredibly knowledgeable and his own skill, knowledge, and teaching abilities astound me. Since I've been going to him I've been improving greatly. He's very nice and easy to talk to
· Guitar · Online Very helpful, very patient and a nice guy.
· Guitar · In studio He is a great instuctor, he is professional, polite and patient. All around he is a fun guy to have as my teacher but also keeps focus on the task. I would recommend him to anyone
· Singing · Online He was very helpful in my voice range, I didn't even know how high or low I could go. He was very funny and nice. I am excited for our next lesson
· Acoustic Guitar · Online Really loved his teaching style and his interest and knowledge in the subject! Can't wait to learn more from him!
· Guitar · Online Blake is great, extremely friendly and knowledgeable. This man by far will be my go to guy from now on in the field of guitars. I am a novice left hander with a left handed guitar, even that was not a problem for him. Also the price is amazing considering how good he is.
· Guitar · Online Blake has been an amazing instructor for my two boys! My boys are 9 & 10 years old and they are learning so quickly!! We were doing lessons in Blake's home until my work schedule got too hectic and he was VERY flexible and offered Skype lessons and the boys LOVE IT! Thanks Blake for all you do! You're the best!
· Singing · Online I can't say enough about Blake. He is very patient and positive when trying to learn new skills. He does not just make me follow "the" program as a lot of teachers do. He will help me with what I want to learn and still teach me what I need to know to accomplish my goals. I can't say enough about him as a teacher. Nice guy, patient and makes we feel very comfortable gives me confidence to move forward with learning how to sing.