I am a graduate of Piedmont College, graduating Magna Cum Laude with a Bachelors in Church Music and a Masters of Arts in Music Education. I majored in voice and minored in piano, studying voice with Barbara Steinhaus. I have taught both in the classroom and privately in the metro Atlanta area for 10 years.
While pursuing my degrees, I accompanied various ensembles and students at Piedmont and was a member of the elite 9-member a cappella group, Cantabile. I am currently a professional singer and pianist in the Atlanta area, singing and playing various genres including classical, worship, pop, and jazz.
I teach various genres of music—everything from classical to popular music. I believe that teaching multiple genres enables students to become well-rounded musicians and learn to express themselves in a variety of ways. I believe that aural skills and the ability to read music help singers and instrumentalists alike to be the best musicians they can be.
*If you don't see your available time slot, just let me know and I'll see what I can do to accommodate your schedule!
Teaching voice and piano to all levels from beginner to professionals. Developing well rounded musicians, concentrating on vocal technic, aural skills, and music theory.
Singer/pianist of various genres for churches, corporate/special events, camps, and weddings.
Worked with students to form and lead other students in the worship band. Worked with all instruments and singers to develop a great band sound, band chemistry, and individual parts.
I taught middle school chorus at LMS. Worked with students to learn sightreading, singing in a group, and aural skills!
· Singing · In studio She is a great teacher! I would highly recommend her!
· Classical Voice · In studio Excellent teacher! I learned a lot!
· Classical Piano · In studio Ms. Bethany is a great teacher! She has wonderful patience with younger kids and encourages them to do their best.
· Classical Piano · In studio She is awesome!!!! My son loves going to piano class and am impressed with his progress! Thank you Mrs. Atkinson!
· Classical Piano · In studio Mrs. Bethany was a very helpful and fun teacher to have. She was not overly critical but still taught me everything I needed to know. She's a great person with a very sweet and passionate personality! I will definitely be going back to her for more lessons.
· Vocal Training · In studio Bethany is an amazing voice teacher! She's been teaching my daughter for three years. Bethany is knowledgeable, encouraging and my daughter adores her. I would recommend her (and have) to anyone.