- National Criminal Record Check
- County/State Criminal Record Check
- Sex Offender Registry Search
- SSN Trace & Verification
Are you new to playing the flute? Or have you been playing for a while, and you want to improve? Do you need to work on music for band or orchestra? I can help in all of these areas. I was in both band and orchestra from middle school on up, marching band included. I have been a teacher my whole career, teaching flute and then becoming an English teacher.
I started flute at age 10. My own teacher was the student of the principal flute of the Pittsburgh Symphony, Bernard Goldberg. My teacher taught me everything that she herself was learning from Goldberg, who himself had learned from the renowned flautist George Barrere.
We will work on tone, embouchure, and correct breathing and posture as well as music fundamentals, phrasing/interpretation, and of course, good technique. I try to teach with a sense of humor, joy, and encouragement. My goal is to teach not only how to play the flute but also to help all my students learn to love music and to be proud to be a musician.
· Flute · In home I count Ms. Beth among the best teachers I have ever had. She is good at explaining things so that anyone can understand. She is always patient and kind, and brings fun and humor into the learning process. With Ms. Beth you will advance quickly if you follow her instruction on how to practice. She knows her stuff, but more importantly, she knows how to teach it so that you understand, remember, and really enjoy your flute lessons! As as student I knew that Ms. Beth really cared about me and I can definitely say that I wouldn´t be where I am today without her. PLEASE don´t miss the opportunity to take lessons with her! She has all the qualities of the kind of teacher people look for but rarely find.
· Flute · In studio Ms. Beth is a talented, patient and encouraging teacher. After trying 2 other teachers, my daughter's enthusiasm for music has blossomed under her instruction. We are truly grateful for Ms. Beth!
· Flute · In studio Beth is an excellent teacher with a gentle manner. She works well with people of all ages and is especially gifted in her work with children.