I grew up in Glenside moved to Pittsburgh for school and came back because I love it here...I've been playing for 17 years and have a smorgasbord of influences from Zeppelin to the Beatles to Phish to Radiohead to the dirty projectors to Jay Z to Kurt Rosenwinkel & John Scofield. I have been composing and working with original bands for some 11 years and play regularly in the city and up and down the east coast. I have also been teaching for the past 11 years all over the Philadelphia area. i teach from a method I derived myself from years of learning both in and out of school. I think teaching music is both aural as well as visual and encourage students to listen to music a lot. most of all i feel that music is fun and the students should enjoy learning so i incorporate their favorite artists and favorite songs into our studies. for serious students I love theory and love sharing what I've discovered over the years.
*** Lesson Details ***
I'm a very laid back guy but I take my playing seriously. music is my life and there's nothing I enjoy sharing and expressing more. I learned to love playing guitar when I was 12 from the coolest guitar teacher ever. he had a vibe that i gravitated toward and encouraged me in just the right ways to get me believing in myself. I try to encourage my students the same way. music should be fun above all and sculpt my lessons to each students individual needs so that they are better equipped to succeed.
*** Travel Equipment ***
I expect them to provide guitar/bass/piano
*** Specialties ***
Jazz, Rock, Blues, Classic, Pop
professional music teacher
· Guitar · In studio This is my second review. As you can tell my the date of my first review, I've taken lessons with Benjamin for about three and a half years. I can honestly say he is the best guitar teacher I've had. He will help you understand the music and you will think like a musician!
· Bass Guitar · In studio Benjamin was very perfessional, and patient. I would recommend him as a great teacher for anyone wanting to learn to play the bass.
· Piano · In studio He is a great teacher! Very patient and friendly. I look forward to taking more lessons!
· Guitar · In studio Benjamin is great. I am an adult learner, picking up the guitar at 50! He is very patient and helpful. You can tell he really has a passion for all types of music and imparts it in his teaching.
· Guitar · In home Ben was fabulous! He taught me music I wanted to play at a speed that fit for me and simplified harder songs for a beginner like me to still be able to play a song I loved! Great teacher and picks up on your strengths and weakness. I would highly recommended him as a teacher! He's also funny and would make lesson's enjoyable! He was friendly to my dog and birds as well :)
· · Guitar Review
Ben, has only been teaching my daughter for about 2 months, but she really seems to enjoy the lessons.
· Guitar · Excellent Instructor
I highly recommend Benjamin! I have had several instructors and I can honestly say that he is the best I've had so far. He doesn't stick to any rigid lesson plans. His teaching style is very dynamic, he will taylor the lesson to fit your interest and level of playing. He keeps things fun and interesting and is good at coming up with creative exercises to try and challenge you. He also knows a lot of different music styles from what I can tell. I highly recommend him.
· Guitar · Everything has been great so far!
Very happy with everything. A great experience with the site and the teacher.