- National Criminal Record Check
- County/State Criminal Record Check
- Sex Offender Registry Search
- SSN Trace & Verification
Ben Tyhurst has over 25 years experience as a professional musician and has found success as a performer, educator, composer, and director.
Ben is currently serving as a trumpet teacher based at his home studio in Central New Jersey. He also offers lessons online. His methods are flexible, and fun with goals is key.
Ben started teaching trumpet lessons in 1993, and his students have a reputation for standing out among their competition as top-quality trumpet players. Ben prides himself in being a catalyst that causes great things to happen for his students who take advantage of his methods. Former students have been known for successes from earning first chair in their school band to being recognized in All-State band.
Ben is a firm believer that when students are given effective direction and feedback on what right looks like, how to effectively practice on their own, and how easy it is to achieve greatness, students will exceed any success they can imagine if they truly want it and work for it.
Self-employed teacher extraordinaire on trumpet
Manager and leader essential for mission success of large units of Soldiers.
Middle School and High School director in two school districts who built programs from scratch to those well-known and admired in their communities.
Phi Mu Alpha Sinfonia Fraternity of America (also known as Phi Mu Alpha Sinfonia, Phi Mu Alpha, or simply Sinfonia) is an American collegiate social fraternity for men with a special interest in music. The fraternity is open to men &amp;quot;who, through a love for music, can assist in the fulfillment of [its] Object and ideals either by adopting music as a profession, or by working to advance the cause of music in America.&amp;quot;
· Trumpet · Online Ben is helping understand the method behind the music. It worked very well in applying immediately to the trumpet. I recommend Ben to anyone interested in the trumpet.
· Trumpet · In studio Ben is such a great instructor for all ages. He really loves music and inspires that love in his students.
· · I've worked with Ben in a few settings. His knowledge and talent is always apparent. He is patient but encouraging and makes music fun and engaging. I've seen him work with groups of young children and they are all laughing as they learn. And no matter who is playing or what instrument is being used, he has high standards and expectations of excellence which encourage every student to grow and learn.
· · In studio Ben was our choir director a few years ago, he is very knowledgeable, engaging, fun to learn from and knows how to break things down into simple doable steps. I enjoyed my time learning to sing from him. He is an amazing trumpet player as well!! You will not disappointed if you decide to take lessons from him!