- National Criminal Record Check
- County/State Criminal Record Check
- Sex Offender Registry Search
- SSN Trace & Verification
I have picked up and loved the flute for 13 years, and I wish to share this passion and creativity with students. I have had the opportunity to study under Emily McKay and Marco Granados, as well as perform in masterclasses with Trevor Wye, William Bennett, and Lorna Mcghee. As a recent Denver citizen, I wish to grow my roots as a teacher who fosters flute playing as a fun and outside-the-box activity.
I have started teaching private lessons since high school, and into my college and graduate school years. I have taken classes on pedagogy and teaching artistry in creative ways, such as teaching students to do improvisations and asking questions in order to get them engaged in the learning process. I have played classical, jazz, pop, and latin music, and can teach an array of different genres. I believe music contributes to a well-rounded individual, and will gladly accept students of all experiences and ages. My goal will to always keep the student engaged and having fun!
· Flute · In home I would give 6 stars if I could. She's an excellent instructor. Very diligent and has great attention to detail. I have learned more than i could have imagined from lessons with April.
· Flute · In home April is wonderful. She is finding 'hidden' problems with my breathing and use, or at times misuse of my neck muscles and breathing that would be very hard for a lesser teacher to detect and work to correct.
Her ear for pitch/tone and the various 'artifact' background variances in my blowing/breathing structure and ways toward a remedy is amazing.
Any teacher can show a student posture and finger placement, but her teaching techniques go far beyond that.
I am more than pleased with her commitment to excellence.
Thank you April.
· Flute · In home April is great at noticing the small things I am doing that are counterproductive to my learning.
· Flute · In studio April is a wonderful flute teacher. She teaches the whole student, including her experience of mind/body awareness into her teaching. She is such a patient person, and one of the most kind and compassionate people I know, in addition to being an excellent flute player!
· · April is extremely patient and easy-going, which are really great qualities for someone from who I'm trying to learn. She always makes things fun with her creative approach to flute playing, which makes things less nerve wracking as a student at any age. I can truly tell April is a real artist because of her craftsmanship on her instrument and her display of musicianship.
· Flute · Online April is truly amazing -- not only does she really know what she's teaching, but she is patient and adaptable to your needs. I would recommend April as an instructor to anyone.