- Levels Taught:
- Beginner, Intermediate, Advanced
Fostering love & developing literacy are the forces driving my teaching. I work to ensure that students find joy in music, while also developing the necessary skills and understanding to be successful instrumentalists.
- Teaches students:
- Ages 8+ and special needs
- Teaching since:
I have played the clarinet for over 20 years and have taught music lessons for over 10 years, both as a graduate teaching assistant (BGSU & CU Boulder) and in the community. I love teaching students of all ages, from very beginners (students & adults) and advanced performers.
I currently teach in the community and coach woodwinds at the local school district (grades 5 - 12).
• Work with students grades 5th - 12th
• Develop fundamentals & musicianship
• Lead saxophone & clarinet sectionals
• Lead sectionals for the entire woodwind section, focusing on repertoire & listening skills
• Teach music lessons to community members of all ages and abilities
Select student achievements:
• Colorado & Ohio All-State Bands
• Greater Boulder Youth Orchestras
• University of Colorado Boulder Honor Band
• Colorado Ambassadors of Music European Tour
• Detroit Civic Wind Symphony
• OMEA District 1 Honors Band
• BGSU Honors Reading Band
• Toledo Symphony Youth Orchestra
• Capital University HS Honor Band
• Top ratings at OMEA Solo and Ensemble
Teach non-major students applied clarinet lessons.
Teach applied clarinet lessons to undergraduate music majors in conjunction with major professor.
Teach applied clarinet lessons to undergraduate music majors.
The MTNA was founded in 1876 with the goal of advancing the value of music study and music-making to society while supporting the careers and professionalism of teachers of music. With nearly 22,000 members in 50 states—and more than 500 local affiliates—the MTNA is the preeminent source for music teacher support, where members embody like-minded values and commitment to their students, colleagues and society as a whole, while reaping the rewards of collaboration, continuity and connection throughout the lifetime of their careers.Show More
The International Clarinet Association is a community of clarinetists and clarinet enthusiasts that supports projects that will benefit clarinet performance; provides opportunities for the exchange of ideas, materials, and information among its members; fosters the composition, publication, recording, and distribution of music for the clarinet; encourages the research and manufacture of a more definitive clarinet; avoids commercialism in any form while encouraging communication and cooperation among clarinetists and the music industry; and encourages and promotes the performance and teaching of a wide variety of repertoire for the clarinet.Show More