- National Criminal Record Check
- County/State Criminal Record Check
- Sex Offender Registry Search
- SSN Trace & Verification
I hold a Master's degree in Piano Pedagogy and Music Theory and History. I established my own teaching method that is based on European classical teaching tradition. I am familiar with most of the American piano teaching methods and use their achievements in my teaching widely.
Personally, I am kind but demanding. My students thrive fast and steady.
The South Bend Area Music Teachers Association is an organization for teachers in all areas of music. Our Mission is to advance the value of music study and music making, to support the professionalism of area music teachers, to provide rewarding performance experiences for area music students, and to serve the regional community by providing a variety of musical programs.
The MTNA was founded in 1876 with the goal of advancing the value of music study and music-making to society while supporting the careers and professionalism of teachers of music. With nearly 22,000 members in 50 states—and more than 500 local affiliates—the MTNA is the preeminent source for music teacher support, where members embody like-minded values and commitment to their students, colleagues and society as a whole, while reaping the rewards of collaboration, continuity and connection throughout the lifetime of their careers.
The mission of the American Guild of Organists is to enrich lives through organ and choral music.
· Piano · In studio My son Jean-David, who was then 10 years old, took lessons with Anna during six months (the duration of our stay in South Bend) and he had much pleasure to follow these lessons and practise the piano every day. Anna made him play various styles of music and she corrected him well. Even if Jean-David knew only a few words in English (we are Swiss and he was used to speak French), he could understand what she explained. Anna had expactations, but she was also encouraging and friendly. I recommend her warmly.
· Piano · In studio I'm learning a musical instrument for the first time ever, at the young age of 43! I love working with Anna, she has made this a wonderful experience for me. Very informative, learning to read music and positioning my hands correctly. I have been taking lessons with Anna for 3.5 months now, she gives me just enough push out of my comfort zone to expand my piano learning.
· Piano · In studio I am learning to play the piano for the first time ever, at the young age of 43! Anna makes learning a wonderful experience. I've only been going one time a week for about 3.5 months and I'm loving it. Anna is a very pleasant instructor. I would recommend her to anyone, have I said I'm loving learning!
· Piano · In studio Anna was a great piano instructor. I had never had experience playing any instrument and I started lessons with her at the age of 23. She was encouraging, well-educated, and continued to push me out of my comfort zone. I saw good improvement in my playing ability. She was always willing to work with my unpredictable schedule which was very helpful. I would recommend Anna to anyone, at any level, looking to improve their piano performance.
· Piano · In studio Ana has actively pursued finding a method of study for me that will progress me to new levels of understanding and playing. I have a non-traditional form of playing, and Ana has developed a sense for that and is steering my practice and lessons in a direction that will help me to capitalize on my strengths. She has also has kept a keen eye out for technique correction that are universal in their benefit. Recommended!
· · As an adult, I often dreamed of returning to the piano, having played for only a couple years as a youngster. Starting lessons again with Anna is a true joy. She opens up the beauty of the music and is gifted at shaping my technique to avoid bad habits and to help me progress. In one year I've come a long way. I'm especially pleased to learn I can be musically expressive even at my relatively low level of technical skill.
Anna is a disciplined artist who embraces me at my level, and my life is enriched.
· Piano · In studio Anna is a very thorough and dedicated piano teacher. She is committed to providing her students with good instruction.
· Piano · In studio Our son has been with with Anna for three years. He looks forward to his lesson each week and has steadily improved. Anna is a skilled teacher who connects personally with each of her students. A rare find.
· Piano · In studio Anna Petkova has been teaching my son play piano for the past three years. He started playing since the age of five. Anna has been playing a crucial role in my son's love of music. Anna has been studying and playing piano professionally and her teaching program reflects her knowledge of music. She develops her students based on their skills, talents and desire to learn. She is patient, very positive and encouraging. Anna personalizes her lessons based on a child's preference and interests in particular musical pieces so that children are personally vested in the success. My son's talent in playing piano blossomed for the past three years due to the awesome teacher that we have!! I would highly recommend Anna Petkova to anyone considering taking piano lessons.
· Piano · In studio Anna is a splendid teacher for students of all levels. She has a deep understanding of theory and performance, a command of all periods from baroque to contemporary and her demonstrations of the pieces are a joy to hear.