- National Criminal Record Check
- County/State Criminal Record Check
- Sex Offender Registry Search
- SSN Trace & Verification
I grew up in a musical home with a piano teacher for a mom. Consequently, I started learning piano and singing at a young age, and then began taking voice lessons in high school. For the last 19 years I have been studying voice and loving every minute of it! I am a member of the National Association of Teachers of Singing and Music Teacher's Association of California. I have a bachelor's degree in music education from Bob Jones University, and a master's degree in Vocal Performance from Azusa Pacific University. I also studied for 2 summers during college with a master teacher. Over the years I have performed and worked with both children's choirs and adult choirs and given private concerts. My enthusiasm for music has spilled over into a love for teaching. I have taught private voice lessons for the last 8 years to students ranging in age from 5 to 50+. Some have been beginner students, and others were seasoned singers who wanted some refreshers and guidance. My forte is classical music but I have also worked with Broadway, Sacred, and Pop. I enjoy teaching beginning to intermediate piano as well.
*** Lesson Details ***
For me, the most important key to success in music is consistency in lessons and in practice. I will work hard with my students to help them find a practice schedule that fits with their current activities and will help them reach their goals as a musician. Our lesson times will include theory and technique to help them gain skills and confidence and become well-rounded musicians. We can also prepare for any upcoming solos or auditions. I love music and I want my students to gain that same enthusiasm and excitement. I am a strong believer in positive reinforcement so my students will receive lots of praise and encouragement from me. Sometimes we might work hard to reach a specific goal, but we will have fun along the way. Depending on the course of study (piano or singing) I would expect the student to buy 1- 3 music books that we would work from.
*** Studio Equipment ***
Home-Piano set up in the living room
*** Travel Equipment ***
I have a keyboard I can use in case the student does not have a piano/keyboard.
· Singing · In studio Anna is super personable and present as a teacher. Her workspace is welcoming and well equipped. As an adult student, I felt like she was interested and supportive in my goals.
· Singing · In home Even after first lesson my daughter is stronger and more confident for her performance! Thank you!
· Piano · In studio My daughter likes her.
· Singing · In studio She's not only a very nice person with a nice smile! But is very helpful on teaching me the why and the how! I find her teaching very helpful. I look forward to each lesson! Thank You for your patients!
· Piano · In studio Very kind, very patient. Easy to see why Anna is good at what she does.
· Singing · In home My 13 year old daughter really loves Anna's singing lessons. Anna is patient for the beginner. My daughter is having so much fun and enjoying the learning experience that she wants longer lessons. Thank you Anna for giving my daughter so much joy in doing something she loves.
· Piano · In home awesome so far
· Singing · In studio Anna is very thorough and knowledgeable. She's very pleasant! Has a very good learning environment. Works great with all ages. Highly recommend!
· · Great
Anna has been very nice since the first day we started the lessons, also patient. The lesson have been very helpful & I've learned a lot since I've started. I plan on continuing these lessons. Couldn't be any happier with the service.
· · She's playin!
Hi Miss Anna,Ruby is having a great time playing the piano! She even impressed her Grandmother when we visited her - she was able to read notes on the kid's music book that Grandma had at her house.