- National Criminal Record Check
- County/State Criminal Record Check
- Sex Offender Registry Search
- SSN Trace & Verification
My name is Andrew Alan.
You can call me Al.
In 2002, I got a cherry red Fender Squier P-bass for my birthday.
I was enchanted.
Couldn't put it down for a second.
I struggled. My fingers were sore and blistered, but I never gave up.
In the fourteen years that followed, I carried the bottom end of several bands, church groups, and my own compositions and going on to win several competitions.
Knowing that one day I would want to work for myself, I graduated with a BS in Accounting from LSU.
From there, I did a stint in the corporate world as an Internal Auditor.
Though the work was challenging and I worked among the best of colleagues, I knew I couldn't carry on and be true to myself.
I left that life to pursue my passion of music. To write, and play, and produce, and teach others.
Through teaching myself, and through the guidance of incredibly skilled mentors, I've learned the path to becoming a better bassist each and every day that enriches my life and brings me profound happiness.
I want to show you, too.
Currently working to build and steer the record label Hour4te.
Duties include management, production, and session performance for the following instruments:
-Synthesizer and Piano
Played bass for Youth Group Band and for general congregation.
Objectively evaluated internal controls pertaining to Information Systems across 40+ Operating Units (domestic and international) to ensure they aligned with in-house standards and Sarbanes-Oxley.
The job placed an emphasis on personal integrity, discipline, and interpersonal communication.
I left the corporate world to pursue my passion for music.
Played bass and composed for the local band Pile of Rocks.
Performed at Battle of the Bands and placed second.
Was asked the following year to return and perform as a guest act.
Coached Lacrosse for grades 4-6. Tought children technique and discipline and went on to go undefeated.
Played bass and composed for the local band Aye, Aye Jupiter.
Performed at Battle of the Bands and placed second.
Golden Key is the world's largest collegiate honor society. Membership into the Society is by invitation only and applies to the top 15% of college and university sophomores, juniors and seniors, as well as top-performing graduate students in all fields of study, based solely on their academic achievements. As an international honor society with more than 400 chapters at colleges and universities around the world, Golden Key is committed to a high standard of scholastic achievement, and an ethos of integrity, innovation, respect, collaboration and diversity
· Guitar · In home My son absolutly loves his weekly lessons Al is great with him. He is ALWAYS on time, and makes the lessons fun and interesting for my 11 yr old.
· Guitar · In home My son, Krrish, had a fantastic lesson from Mr Al, and we have been nothing but proud of the fact that we are getting our sons to learn from Al.
· Guitar · In home Al is a very good techer
· Acoustic Guitar · In studio I have had the pleasure of playing and collaborating with Al for the better part of 6 years and in that time I have come to know him as a friend and mentor. Al's ability to simplify a concept into easily understandable principles has proved invaluable to me in my own growth as a musician. Although already experienced with guitar, with Al's help I was able to understand music in a new way and reinvigorate my methods. Al's expertise reaches far beyond bass and into many other aspects of music that provide a breadth to anything he teaches. He has always been very kind and understanding while still holding me to high standards and I really appreciate his way of teaching through application. I would definitely recommend Al's lessons to anyone new to bass or music in general.
· Guitar · In home Andrew is a super nice guy and really easy to work with. He really knows what he is talking about when it comes to music. He plays almost every instrument that I know the name of and plays it super well. Over the past few years I have seen him acquire new instruments and learn them really fast. His ability to teach himself will make it easier for him to teach you. I have never had him as a teacher but I can say with 100% certainty that he is very talented and very patient and will be a great teacher. I hope you will take a chance with him. You really can't beat his prices! Also if you want to be his favorite, bring him coffee, then he'll love you forever! :)
· Bass Guitar · In studio Andrew really does love music and you can see that passion when he teaches. A teacher with a considerate amount of passion coupled with the right amount of ability to inspire is a very hard thing to find with music teachers. My experience with Andrew was through teaching and he really brought out the fun side of just playing an instrument and having fun with a friend even if I was still a beginner.
· Acoustic Guitar · In studio Andrew is a talented musician and a skilled teacher. He can pick up pretty much any kind of stringed instrument and just start playing it! His passion for music makes lessons a lot of fun. I was surprised how quickly I could start playing! His style is a healthy combination of drills and actual playing, so you get the technique but don't get bored or frustrated because you're still learning how to play little melodies. He's very good at explaining things in several different terms depending on your technical background. His explanations of technique and theory have helped me understand music in new ways. You will love working with Andrew and improve your skill level no matter what your musical background.
· Bass Guitar · In home I can not recommend Andrew highly enough. He is a fantastic mentor and teacher. I have learned from Andrew for several years. Much more than technique and skill, Andrew's lessons teach dedication and bring out passion. Always encouraging and truly passionate about music and teaching others.
· Bass Guitar · In home I've had my fair share of times of jamming with people, but I've never had more fun jamming than when I am jamming with Al. His ability to improv is incredible and he has spent a long while backing up his musical talent with musical theory. I would strongly recommend anyone looking for bass guitar lessons to take lessons with him.