I am a classically-trained pianist that has played the piano for 22 years. I began when I was 4 years old and have not stopped since! After graduating from Rhapsody Academy for Music in Elizabeth, NJ, I began teaching at after school centers. Most recently, I started teaching private lessons, where I currently teach 15 students, ages 4-15, music lessons, theory, and history. My focus as a teacher is allowing the child to dictate their education - with my supervision to facilitate each lesson. Every class is exciting, practical, and engaging, as the students use the most available resources to help them learn and understand the basics behind each song. I love working with children and allowing them to make decisions at a young age, so they can build their confidence and understand that hard work is a very rewarding process. Students are encouraged to strengthen their skills through finger exercises, learning scales and chord progressions, and etudes.
Opened up my own piano practice to developing students and allowed them to progress using various teaching techniques. Students now focus on learning fundamentals and associating it with songs of their choice. Students are encouraged to memorize their favorite piano songs and apply the knowledge they learn from theory and various exercises to make each song their own.
Taught students of all ages in basic music comprehension and genres including classical, jazz, and pop. Prepared recitals and encouraged students to begin song memorization.
· Piano · In studio First lesson, It was a great start...
· Piano · In home Andrea is very nice. My son is autistic and it's hard for him to focus. But Andrea still made to get him to master some basic piano knowledge. I would continue let my son go to her lessons.
· Piano · In studio Mrs. Andrea helps me solve problems on the piano that I did not know I had!
· Piano · In home Ms. Andrea is a teacher that turns piano lesson to fun filled times. She is dedicated and hardworking and always makes the best of my children.
· Piano · In studio Andrea is an inspiring teacher that really puts in the time and effort to help you learn the best way possible. She keeps you motivated and interested by tailoring every single lesson to you, and how you feel that day. What's more is that she always seems to know the exact criticism you need to bring your playing to the next level.
Learning from her as been an incredible experience.