My name is Amy. I have many years of experience teaching in both one-on-one and group settings. I offer drum set lessons, as well as piano, xylophone, and English tutoring. I have taught students ages 4 to 65, and I will tailor your lessons so that you will get the results that you want!
I'd love to help you reach your goals!
I play either drum set or keyboard for Sunday morning worship sets almost every week
Played Percussion and Melodic Percussion for city symphony in Louisiana - timpani, snare drum, bass drum, chimes, xylophone, marimba, vibraphone
As a melodic percussionist, I performed with the rest of the LSU Band during LSU Tiger football games
· Piano · In studio Having a great time learning piano. Very good instructor and I'm progressing faster than I had imagined. Thanks.
· Piano · In studio Amy is an awesome instructor! She is very effective at identifying your learning patterns and working with them to help progress quickly. She's also very positive, and a clear communicator. If I weren't moving away, I'd still be taking lessons with her!
· Drum · In home Amy is an excellent instructor & a talented musician. I was very pleased with my lesson.
· Piano · In home My son seems to really like her and is excited to continue his lessons
· Drum · In studio She is not only a complete musician she has a great level and knowledge of how to teach and encourage students in a very positive way. I highly recommend Amy it shows that she loves what she does.
· Drum · In home She was fun, energetic and the perfect teacher for my 5 year old. I am very excited to see him learn and develop his skills.
· Drum · In studio So great so far!!!
· Piano · In studio My kids (and I) absolutely enjoyed their class! Amy is awesome with kids! She is playful enough, but firm enough. She knows very well how to engage the kids according to their age and kids actually paid attention, followed instructions, and enjoyed their time with her. It was a great first class and I would certainly recommend her. Thank you, Amy!
· Piano · In home Amy is so patient with my 2 boys (7,9). They continue to stay interested and keep wanting to learn.
· Drum · In studio Awesome enthusiasm and great teacher. Glad we found her. Thanks Amy!