**At this point my availability is full and I am no longer accepting new students. Please use the Ask-A-Question feature to see if I anticipate any openings in the near future. Thank you! 3/30/16**
I began taking piano lessons at a young age and continued with them through my freshman year of college. I have a Bachelor's degree in Elementary Education and five years of experience teaching private piano lessons. My degree and experience with elementary aged children have prepared me to be able to tailor lessons to my students' individual needs, explain concepts in creative ways, and adjust the pace of lessons as needed. Playing piano is something that I really enjoy, so I love having the opportunity to give students the skills they need to enjoy it, too!
*** Lesson Details ***
I try to create a learning environment that's fun and laid back while still maintaining reasonable expectations for my students. I love seeing my students succeed, so I do my best to give them all the tools they need to do so! Faber & Faber's Piano Adventures books are my preference for students. I want students to have fun and enjoy what they play, so I also like to include songs from whatever category my students' are most interested in, such as popular, jazz, musical theater, etc. After 6 months of taking lessons with me, students will have a firm grasp on all basic piano concepts (such as finger numbers, note names, the staff, and time signatures) and will have the ability to sight read beginning piano pieces. Whether you want to play professionally or just learn a new skill, I want to instruct students in a way that encourages them to love music and have fun along the way!
*** Studio Equipment ***
Open floor plan- Living/Dining area. Piano. Seating for parents. Street parking available.
Taught private piano lessons for students between the ages of 4 and 16.
Taught private piano lessons to students during the school day.
· Piano · In home So far, so good.
· Piano · In studio She did a very good job keeping my daughter's interest while still being flexible and allowing my younger children to play.
· Piano · In studio Her teaching style is great. I have no issues, its been great! Absolutely recommend!
· Piano · In home We just love Amber as our piano teacher! My 8 year old daughter has had lessons for a few months now with Amber. Amber is so easy going and really strives to make learning fun. My daughter actually enjoys practicing now and doesn't dread lessons, as she has in the past. She has a special gift - thanks Amber!!!
· Piano · In studio We feel so lucky to have found Amber to teach our son piano lessons. She is very sweet and understanding, and our son really enjoys learning from her. He never complains about practicing, and looks forward to his weekly lesson. I would highly recommend her!
· Piano · In studio Amber is very sweet, encouraging, and a fabulous teacher! My daughter is learning so quickly. We are very happy to gave found her.
· Piano · Learned a lot from Amber
I am a 37 year old who started taking lessons January 2014 and I must say Amber is wonderful. Amber is patient, reliable, and easy going. I must say it has been a WONDERFUL 4 months so far and I hope many more to come. She is a GREAT teacher. I never had luck in school with music but I must say she is helping it all to come together easily for me.