Hello everyone! My name is Amanda O., and I am a Harpist, Voice teacher, Therapeutic Musician, Life Coach, Alternative Medicine Practitioner, and Vocalist who has over 21 years of experience as a classical vocalist and performer. By 8 years old, I began training as an opera singer and have merged my love of classical vocals with the therapeutic harp. I graduated Magna Cum Laude from Diego State University, with my Bachelor's Degree in Psychology and am currently in my graduate program at Chaminade University of Honolulu studying to obtain my Masters of Science in Counseling Psychology. I graduated from the International Harp Therapy Program as a Certified Therapeutic Harp Practitioner and have completed an internship at Apreva Hospice. I have experience playing therapeutic harp music at over 30 different facilities around San Diego, such as Narzerath House, Bay View, Bella Vista, Monte Vista Village, and La Mesa Health Care Center, as well as making In-Home visits. These include independent living, assisted living, skilled nursing, and memory care facilities around SD! I also have experience playing for the actively dying for hospice and consider it an honor to be of musical assistance for people in transition.
I love to teach and can make my harp and voice lessons unique to each individual based on their current skill level. I love watching people expand and grow through music. Your lessons will be engaging, compassionate, fun, and organized! Each lesson will encourage you to become excited about your musical growth and inspire you to continue. I offer something unusual for a harp teacher in that I can teach both improvisation and music theory for the harp. This means that you will get the best of both worlds!
I also have obtained education from the Self-Heal School of Herbal Studies here in San Diego, where I have learned about herbal medicine. I am well versed in many alternative therapies (such as E.F.T., meditation, therapeutic music, Ayurvedic medicine, amino acid therapy, etc.) and can provide compassion, understanding, and strategies for alleviating suffering as a Life Coach. My education towards my Master's degree in Psychology also helps me increase my understanding of the human condition and offer additional support for anxiety, depression, addiction, and other stresses. I believe that everyone deserves to live a life of freedom, safety, comfort, and relaxation. I hope to provide loving assistance for anyone seeking someone who cares and will put in the time to truly listen and offer advice.
Thank you for taking the time to read this and please let me know how I can be of service to you!
20 Years experience of training as a vocalist from professionals and experienced teachers.
I volunteered for Apreva Hospice, where I played therapeutic harp at bedside for the actively dying. I have had many encounters with a large assortment of individuals who have taught me a lot about life's lessons. This experience awakened a heart-calling for playing therapeutic music for hospice patients and for those struggling with profound loss and grief. I love to engage in empathetic listening and to help people feel loved and cared for. This experience colors and enriches all other practices I do, such as teaching, life coaching, and performing.
Therapeutic Harpist trained in the ancient therapeutic modes of music and counseling to play for the actively dying in hospice, for special needs individuals, for people with severe pain or disorders, emotional imbalances, and to promote relaxation, comfort, peace, safety, security, empathetic listening, and compassion at all times with music.
· Harp · Online I just had my first lesson and I love Amanda already! Looking forward to more lessons
· Harp · Online Amanda is great! I look forward to our classes every week. She is very supportive and encouraging for a beginner like me :)
· Vocal Training · In studio I've only had two lessons and Amanda has already taught me more about singing than I knew existed.
· Harp · Online Amanda is a perfect fit for my online harp instruction. I have a very busy schedule and she is able to help me make the most of my practice and lesson times. She is an excellent and very flexible teacher, working with you to achieve your goals for the instrument - classical or improvisational, or both. I am looking forward to learning more about the therapeutic application of the harp in my field of integrative medicine.
· Singing · In studio She is very welcoming and comforting and she knows how to teach what she knows in an easy to underatand way...
· Singing · In home Extremely knowlegable and BEAUTIFUL singer!!! Very pleasant to have in my home and teaching my little 8 yr old!!!
· Harp · Online I just started, and Amanda is great!!
· Harp · In home Amanda is a fantastic instructor. She is very positive, kind, professional and encouraging. I had a lot of fun with my first harp lesson. Looking forward to the next one. Definitely very talented and knowledgeable in all aspects of the musical field.
· Harp · Online I love my lessons with Amanda! i recently had surgery on my wrist due to a work injury. After just a few lessons, she's altered my technique so that now I play without pain! PLUS I'm a student at Therapy Harp Training Program and she's a certified therapeutic harp practitioner! I couldn't have asked for a better teacher to guide me in this specialized field. She's a gifted teacher and I highly recommend her!!
· Harp · In studio Amanda is amazing she is patient and kind. She takes her time making sure that you as the student understand the material and can perfect the technique needed for the the harp. The harp is the first instrument I have ever played I didn't think I would be able to play since i have no music experience at all, but Amanda has helped me in every step of the way. If you wish to learn don't shy away from your wish just find a wonderful instructor like Amanda. One who takes her time with you and explains in different ways in case you don't understand the music symbols. She is extremely experienced with the folk harp she is very supportive and doesn't give up on you. Because of her I am excited to go to class and learn new things. My goal is to be an amazing harp player and I know that with her help I will be able to reach that goal. Amanda is just an amazing teacher and I am very fortunate to be learning from her. :)