Recently moving back home from working as an actress and singer in the entertainment business in Los Angeles, Amanda is bringing her teaching to the OKC area. Amanda has taught piano and voice for 18 years. She is also a board certified Music Therapist who works with children and adults with special needs. Amanda has also performed in national tours of music theater shows and is a singer/songwriter with 2 country albums available on iTunes.
She was trained classically in both voice and piano. Amanda specializes in teaching classical piano and theory of music/reading music. Classical, opera, and music theater for voice as well as performance/vocal coaching for all other styles of popular music.
Amanda enjoys catering to the individual goals and needs of each student and developing an individualized plan that includes the repertoire and desires of the student. She believes in positive reinforcement and encouragement and keeping music fun while working hard to meet their goals.
There is also a yearly recital for students.
Music therapy with alzheimers, dementia and skilled nursing older individuals.
Music Therapy groups with children in a foster care community.
Private piano and voice lessons for all ages.
Music Therapist for private behavioral health hospital.
Music Therapy with Adolescents and Adults found incompetent to stand trial due to mental illness.
Amanda creates individualized goals based on strengths and weaknesses with individuals with special needs including psychiatric, behavioral, and developmental disorders.
· Singing · In studio Amanda is an awesome teacher. We have been to other singing teachers in the past and did not learn near as much as my son did in just this first lesson. My son and I are looking forward to working with her.
· Singing · In studio My first lesson ever. Amanda made me feel comfortable and I really enjoyed the lesson and learned so much... Looking forward to learning more...
· Singing · In studio Professional and personable! Seems to love what she does and be very good at it!!
· Singing · In studio Amanda is super nice and I feel like she can really make my voice stronger and help me have more confidence.
· Singing · In studio Kenedi is always so happy and joyful before and after her lessons. Amanda does an absolute amazing job communicating and teaching. We are very happy, and will continue to use her as long as she is willing to teach my daughter. Thank you very much
Gregory and Kenedi Smith
· Piano · In studio My son enjoyed the lesson a lot. He practiced today and we hope that level of excitement keeps up.
· Singing · In studio Amanda met me at the door and we walked to the class room. She explained what we were going to accomplish in the 1 st lesson. She made me feel at ease.
By the end of the lesson my breathing was a lot better , sing on key better and that made me feel good.
Looking forwarded to the next lesson.
· Singing · In studio Super sweet and helpful. I learned many things in the first lesson.
· Singing · Online Amanda is awesome
· Singing · Online Best one. Especially for my first teacher. Taught me quite alot. Shes a very great teacher for alot of type of lessons. My #1 teacher right now.