Hi! My name is Allison and I'm an opera singer. I fell madly in love with music and singing as a young child and was bitten by the opera bug at age 15. Ever since seeing that first opera, I've never looked back. I did lead roles in my high school musicals, then got my Bachelor of Music and my Master of Music degrees in Classical Voice and Opera Performance both from competitive conservatories. Ever since graduation, I've been lucky enough to make my work as a professional singer. I've traveled all over the country and even internationally bringing this amazing art form to audiences. Now I feel like my dream has come true because I get to do what I love: sing! Pavarotti said, "I think a life in music is a life beautifully spent and this is what I have devoted my life to." I feel so lucky to have a life in music and now I want to share everything I've learned with you.
Students of mine regularly are chosen for lead roles in school and extracurricular musicals and operas and score very high in school music evaluations.
*** Lesson Details ***
During a voice lesson with me, we'll warm up and do vocal exercises for the first half, then we'll learn new music together or work on music you've already learned. I love teaching all styles of classical music and working in many different languages including French, German, Italian, English, and more. I teach lyric diction of all of these languages and the styles of each composer. Above all, lessons with me are relaxed and really fun!
*** Studio Equipment ***
Music room w/ electronic piano and seating for parents
*** Specialties ***
I specialize in Classical Vocal Technique. I feel very comfortable assigning repertoire of any difficulty and I am especially confident in my lyric diction knowledge of Italian, French, German, and English. I can teach audition preparation and audition technique, as well as acting and stage technique for singers.
· Singing · In home Allison is a very knowledgeable teacher. She' really good. She explains the what and why of the exercises she's teaching. She leads by example.
She' s patient in teaching you a skill till you get it. I'll highly recommend her.
· Singing · In home If you want a real professional that draws out the best in you and helps you to rise to the challenge than pick Allison. I was extremely nervous and worried, it was my first real singing lesson, she made me feel comfortable and relaxed immediately. She can be fun as well as challenging. It was a wonderful pleasure to take classes with her and I hope to continue in the future.
· Singing · In studio Allison was able to identify my natural vocal range in the first lesson. Never thought that I would be comfortable singing in the soprano range, but she has given me week by week goals to build vocal technique and help me see my progress. She has an outgoing and enthusiastic personality! Lessons are a pleasure.
· · Look no further
Allison is not only an exceptionally talented vocalist, but a warm and easy going person. Her extensive experience and artistic abilities speak for themself. She is the total package. If you're looking for a challenging yet highly rewarding lesson, look no further.
· · Enthusiastic, talented and knowledgable voice teacher
Allison is a warm, caring, fun, talented and knowledgable voice teacher. She provides lots of fun exercises that challenge as well. She is a professional singer and is very passionate about her craft and her passion is infectious!
· · Thorough,Honest,Energetic,Focused, Fun.
I'm a recording artist who sings most genres of music (reggae, soft rock, pop, r&b). I also do a lot club gigs (every weekend & sometimes mid-week) where I have to sing 3 one hour sets most of the time. So I developed a lot of bad habits. Allison is a blessing, not only is she correcting the habits, she's also helping my voice to survive for the rest of my life. I can truly say that I'm feeling improvement in my vocals after a few classes (& practicing at home).I'd highly recommend her as a vocal instructor, coach & teacher for all levels. I always leave the class energized.