- National Criminal Record Check
- County/State Criminal Record Check
- Sex Offender Registry Search
- SSN Trace & Verification
Alicia has been playing the violin since she can remember thanks to her very talented musical family. Because of their efforts she received her first exposure to loving and teaching music at an early age through attending and later assisting her mother's Suzuki string program. They also afforded her the opportunity to learn with some of the finest violin teachers Miami has to offer.
A proud alumni of Miami's public arts programs, including those of Southwood Middle School, Coral Reef Senior High and the Greater Miami Youth Symphony, Alicia encourages all of her school-age students to explore their options of participating in the various youth arts organizations in the community.
In addition to her 15+ years training in violin technique and classical repertoire, she also has had almost 10 years of classical piano instruction and has had the privilege to perform classical, jazz, blues, latin and pop music from coast to coast and in Europe.
*** Lesson Details ***
I have found that students thrive in a curriculum that's to their pace, fun and conducive to creative thought. So I'm a fairly easygoing teacher. I wont chew you out, won't force you to practice scales on your head while you hold your breath. But I will level with you: Music takes commitment. The good news? It's really fun.
So, let me show you the joy and reward of learning music!
*** Studio Equipment ***
Living Room transferred to music room: piano, computer, music stand and library, parents can sit in on lesson
*** Travel Equipment ***
I expect student to have instrument, music stand, any appropriate books, and tuner (or home access to computer/internet)
*** Specialties ***
A Suzuki method influenced program that introduces classical music and theory step-by-step while incorporating fun games and your favorite songs.
Will also drill you on music theory and help you nail your first audition and performance.
· Violin · In studio Alicia is a GREAT instructor. Extremely patient and friendly as well. I like how she likes to challenge you and keeps the learning process interesting. I have seen her interact with her young students and they all seem to love her. I will continue to take lessons from her and I highly recommend her as well.
· Violin · Great teacher for young students
I have a 4 year old that started with Alicia and she is a wonderful teacher full of fun ideas and ways to keep my little one engaged and interested. We couldn't be happier and love the violin!
· Violin · Wonderful instructor
Alicia is a wonderful instructor, very friendly, helpful, and really knows music. I'm an adult learning and a complete beginner, and her lessons worked well for me, with a challenging yet comfortable atmosphere. I highly recommend Alicia to students of all ages.
· Piano · Alicia is a Great Teacher!
Alicia is an excellent teacher! Her welcoming and amiable personality makes it a joy to work with her. She develops well-coordinated lesson plans appropriate for my skill level and is very effective at identifying and helping me improve my weaknesses. She is very encouraging and extremely patient with me. I started as a complete beginner and I'm astonished with the progress I have made with her help. I recommend her wholeheartedly!
· Piano · Alicia is a very good piano teacher for beginners
Alicia is great! She is very patient with small beginners. She is also very encouraging and presents music lessons in a way that is very attractive to children.
· · Alicia is a great teacher!
Alicia is an amazing teacher. She is postitive,patient, and i have learned so much from the time i've spent with her. Alicia is great at working with my strengths while helping me to strengthen my weaknesses. I am very happy that I found such a great person to teach me how to play the violin. She is also very fun to work with and I highly recomend her to those who are seeking for a fantastic teacher.
· · Mom of 3 High Energy Boys
Alicia is fantastic! She is very patient and encouraging and presents music lessons in a way that is very attractive to children. My boys are easily discouraged and Alicia does a great job of puting a positive spin on things to keep them engaged.
· · mother of 6 year old daughter taking violin class
Ms. Alicia is very effective. She has established a positive rapport with my daughter, who looks forward to each class. Ms. Alicia is knowledgeable. She prepares lessons with clear objectives and she conducts the class in an age appropriate manner. My daughter is blessed to be her student!
· · This week 11/19, will be our 4th week with Alicia. She is a wonderful instructor. My son is enjoying every session & looks forward to meet with Alicia every week. She has a wonderful attribute, which is patience. She is an excellent teacher and I believe she loves what she does. I truly believe we are blessed with a great instructor.
· · feedback
Ms. Alicia B. is excellent. She is knowledgeable and sweet