- National Criminal Record Check
- County/State Criminal Record Check
- Sex Offender Registry Search
- SSN Trace & Verification
I've been a full time professional musician for 13+ years and have toured all over the world performing with music icons like Chacka Khan, Beyonce, and many more. I have a lot of experience with many different styles of music and I love sharing this gift with anyone who's interested. My teaching philosophy is simple: Get students playing music! It's much easier to understand the nuts and bolts of music when put into the context of the music you like.
*** Lesson Details ***
I like to design a lesson plan for each individual student. The first lesson will begin with a basic assessment of skill level. We will discuss goals for the lessons then get down to work!
Students will learn:
1 Technique. the proper physicality to increase dexterity and avoid injury.
2 Music theory and comprehension. Usually through learning songs and analyzing different concepts they incorporate
3 Ear-training/pitch recognition. Strengthening the ability to "pick up" new material more quickly and translate ones Ideas to the instrument.
4 Music appreciation/Musicality. Listening to new and different types of music focusing on the different elements that make up a great performer/performance.
*** Studio Equipment ***
Music Studio: piano, stereo system, no drum there! room to sit for parents
A1: drum kit, whole performance set up with recording studio, room for parents to sit in on lesson
*** Travel Equipment ***
amplifiers, cd/mp3 player
*** Specialties ***
ear training, most musical styles (pop/rock, r&b, reggae, jazz , world)
· Guitar · In studio Very patient as I was late getting there. I'm excited to learn more.
· Bass Guitar · In studio Aaron has a lot of experience and is willing and excited to share it with his students.
· Bass Guitar · In home Aaron is great. Very knowledgeable and very encouraging. Makes lesson fun and interesting.
· Bass Guitar · In studio I have been playing bass on and off for about 20 years. I went to Aaron for some help with technique and to better understand music theory for writing bass lines. After the first lesson, I'm very confident he can help me significantly improve my skill set.
· Guitar · In studio Great first lesson - solid mix of higher level theory and the rudimentary skills I need.
· Drum · In home Aaron was a very patient teacher. He made the lesson exciting. He also tuned my guitar.
· Bass Guitar · In home Aaron was a great teacher! I enjoyed how great he was at explaining things to me and he really went at a pace that worked well for me. I think that Aaron really knows his stuff and it come's out when he teaches his lessons. I would highly recommend taking lessons with Aaron!
· Bass Guitar · In home Very good teacher
· Guitar · In studio Aaron is a really great musician, a phenomenal teacher, and just an all-around awesome person to work with. I took guitar lessons with Aaron for about two years and he was very accommodating for my busy, inconsistent schedule. He is a great listener and really tries to cater his lesson plans to his student’s interests. While I was studying with Aaron we covered a huge spectrum of genres including funk, jazz, rock, r&b, and studied artists like Led Zeppelin, Herbie Hancock, Stevie Wonder, AC/DC, Jimi Hendrix, James Brown and John Scofield, all according to my own personal interests. In addition to teaching you the songs that you want to learn, Aaron is also really great at finding easy and relatable ways to integrate theory and technique into his lessons plans. I found that almost every lesson I would walk away with some useful or nifty trick that helped me understand and navigate the fret-board a little better. He’s got great taste in music, and will inevitably introduce you to some really awesome new artists and songs that can help you to expand your musical interests. I also love writing music, and Aaron spent a lot of his personal time helping me write, record and produce my songs. Whether you are a beginner or have just gotten out of music school, I would highly recommend studying with Aaron. Stop by Wally’s Cafe any Tuesday night to hear him play and you’ll know why!
· Guitar · In studio Aaron’s has been such a great teacher for my son – he is encouraging, optimistic, and a great listener. Aaron has been perceptive about what motivates Jasper and so he has found a great mix for each lesson of theory, technique, and fun exploration of new music concepts. He has adapted his style for where my son is on his learning journey so that he’s always moving forward and enjoying both practice and lesson time. From after the first day with Aaron he has always looked forward to going to his lessons. Since Aaron is an experienced and active professional musician, he shares what he knows is most important, practically and technically, across many music genres, and this suits my son’s curious nature. We feel really lucky to have found Aaron – he’s been positive, interesting, professional, friendly, and challenging. What else could you want in a teacher?