Willy has been teaching music for more than a decade, carrying on the tradition he learned when his father taught him piano as a youth. He is a multi-instrumentalist with a degree in music from Earlham College in historic Richmond, IN (the birthplace of recorded jazz, and home of 30s era Genette Records).
As a sound technician Willy gained valuable experience working at the world famous Tarry Town Music Hall near Sleepy Hollow, NY, where he worked with top notch touring bands like Blues Traveler, the Indigo Girls, Paul Shaffer, the Marshall Tucker Band, and the late, great Levon Helm. He also worked with A-list actors such as Stanley Tucci, James Cahn, Kevin Bacon and Keanu Reeves.
While living in Austin, TX, Willy was a member of the American Federation of Musicians alongside greats like Los Lonely Boys, George Straight, Lyle Lovett and Willie Nelson.
As a father of four young children, Willy teaches in a family friendly environment. At the SIW events, he has taught elementary students as well as adults all the way up to 86 years old! Willy is a background checked teacher and would love to pass on his knowledge of music to you and your family!
Taught music to elementary, jr. high and high school students. Taught private piano, guitar and mandolin lessons.
Willy was a sound technician and stage hand for Tarry Town Music Hall where he was able to work with many well known music artists such as Procol Harum, Keb' Mo', the Indigo Girls, Yonder Mountain Stringed Band and Dweezel Zappa.
Taught Music to Elementary school children. Also taught Piano, Guitar and Banjo lessons privately.
Taught Piano and Guitar.
Taught Music and Substitute taught elementary, Jr. and Sr. High students.
Licensed Minister with the Missionary Church USA.
Licensed Minister with the Christian and Missionary Alliance
One of three United States performing rights organizations, along with ASCAP and SESAC. It collects license fees on behalf of songwriters, composers, and music publishers and distributes them as royalties to those members whose works have been performed. In FY 2013, BMI collected more than $944 million in licensing fees and distributed $814 million in royalties.
A labor union representing professional musicians in the United States and Canada. Founding in 1896 as the successor to the "National League of Musicians," the AFM is the largest organization in the world representing the interests of professional musicians.
· Singing · In studio Willy is a great instructor! He is very knowledgeable and patient. I explained my goals and he has helped me achieve them!
· Piano · In studio Willy is very personable and made Riley feel at ease for his first lesson. He did go over a lot of material,but did not intimidate Riley and made the lesson fun.
· Singing · In studio Great teacher and really easy to work with. Loved it!
· Singing · In studio I was very nervous, but Willy was very knowledgeable and friendly. He was very patient and made sure my questions were answered. My first lesson was great!
· Singing · In studio It was exciting and he was very helpful. I enjoyed it alot.
· Guitar · In home Every thing seems to be going great. Karina seems to be motivated and excited about class every week and learning much more than she has in past lessons with other teachers
· Piano · In studio Excellent first lesson. A lot of enthusiasm from Willy, good information, and a lot to work on! Loved it!
· Mandolin · In studio I wasn't really taking mandolin, but fiddle in the Stringed Instrument Workshop, but I loved it. Willy is a great teacher. I especially enjoyed the SIW, with my kids. It was a lot of fun to learn musical techniques with lots of people of different skill levels. I'm not the best musician, but Willy makes you feel like you can participate even if you don't understand all of the theory.
The Stringed Instrument Workshop last year was really fun because almost everyone in the group won some different musical freebies from different music stores nearby. We had a cookout and a concert, and both of my children were able to perform in front of the class. Willy set up a stage, lights and a sound system for us all to feel like we were stars! It was such a fun time, and we even had hotdogs and marshmallows!
I loved the Stringed Instrument Workshop so much, I had him teach my kids private lessons too, and they love it.
· Piano · In studio I loved taking lessons with Willy. I am only 7, and I am just learning, but am starting to play the Charlie Brown theme song. I can also play a little bit of Shorten Bread. There's another song too. It's a song that I learned that I really liked, can't remember the words, but it's a good song. I love piano lessons.
· Mandolin · In studio Mr. Willy helped me learn the song "Mean" by Taylor Swift!! I was so happy to play! I took the Stringed Instrument Workshop and I loved it! It was so much fun, and I was able to learn with my friends. It was easy to learn, and we learned how to play "Amazing Grace," together. We played it for my church and everyone loved it!!! :)
I will continue playing mandolin, and want to also learn violin, piano and guitar. I can even play "Mean" on the 12 string guitar now in open tunings!!