- National Criminal Record Check
- County/State Criminal Record Check
- Sex Offender Registry Search
- SSN Trace & Verification
With over a decade of snatching microphones and captivating audiences, Tokia's (2Deep’s) resume reads like Who’s Who travel guide. From Cornell University to Ottawa University, American University to Penn State, United States to Australia, this German born-Alabama raised entertainer has spoken to crowds all over the globe. She’s opened for the late Gil Scott-Heron and performed for President Barack Obama’s first inaugural celebrations at the Washington National Cathedral. She welcomes a freshman class to American University annually and has spoken out against domestic violence on legislative floors in Maryland. She keeps busy hosting two monthly, sold out shows (ten years). Armed with a BFA & MFA she's more than equipped to speak her mind before a crowd & teach how you can do it too!
I have my Bachelors of Fine Arts and my Masters of Fine Arts degrees in theatre from Auburn University and The Catholic University respectively. Years of acting and performing spoken word on stages all around the world. Performing is my deepest passion!
· Acting · Online Great lesson today, I feel like I know how to read a script now!
· Acting · Online wow, I'm so excited about this class, I'm loving it!
· Acting · Online I'm loving my class!
· Acting · In studio Upon first meeting Tokia we all loved her! She has a remarkable personality and we are excited to continue working with her and to see what she can teach our daughter.
· Acting · In studio We have only had our first acting lesson and my daughter is 3. I can definitely say from the first interaction I had with Tokia by e-mail up to the end of the first lesson, I couldn't ask for anything more! My daughter has no previous experience in acting and is very shy. Tokia was able to capture moments of engagement with my daughter and got her to act out a few scenes!! I love Tokia so far and look forward to continue to work with her!!!
· Spoken Word · In studio I have known and worked with Tokia for almost a decade. She is a consummate performer who has forged a well-respected name for herself on the spoken word scene. She has an innate understanding of how to build a rapport with the audience at any venue. Her writing is insightful and deeply moving, and her performance is engaging. Aspiring writers and spoken word artists would certainly benefit from her guidance. Tokia is also extremely professional in how she conducts business and I am confident that no one studying with her would be disappointed in the quality of training she provides.
· Stage Performance · In home My experiences with Tokia are as a performer and generative for The Tarot Reading. We worked together in rehearsal, where she acted, performed poetry, and created vignettes. What strikes me most about her is how easy she is to work with. She lights up a room with her personality and makes everyone feel at ease. She expresses herself with remarkable clarity. She won't get you bogged down in technical terminology; she'll give you solid, practical work. If you are looking for a teacher who can boost your confidence while improving your skill, Tokia is the one for you!
· Stage Performance · In home I hired Tokia to do three small devised piece that had some fairly complicated constraints. She used them to her advantage each time, and produced work that was entertaining and engaging for my audience. She's intelligent, adaptable and creative. I haven't experienced it myself, but I believe with no reservation that she would be an excellent teacher.
· Spoken Word · Online Advice from TwoDeep has been invaluable. In the time she's been coaching me, I've developed my performance and writing skills as a spoken word poet at a much faster rate than if I'd been working on my own. Her confidence and preparedness is easily evident every time I work with her. I feel extremely blessed to know she is part of my journey in creating a career in poetry, and I highly recommend her services to anyone with a passion for writing and/or performance.
· Spoken Word · In studio I am not able to list all of the areas that this woman has impact my career. From poetry, spoken word, acting, she has impacted me and helped me grow as an artist.
Tokia helped me grow as a writer and a performer. From the technical aspect of writing to the raw emotion portion of performing on stage, she changed me. She was the only person who challenged me to write a poetry piece that was not based from an "I" perspective.
I don't know where I would be as a poet, actor, public speaker without the help of Tokia, Honestly, she would be the best investment you could make for your career. Well worth the money spent for the knowledge, time, and energy she will invest!