My name is Samuel and I have worked professionally for over 10 years, currently playing the character 'Mouse' on NBC's Chicago PD. I have played characters on primetime, cable and daytime television as well as studio and independent film. With more and more productions choosing Chicago as their filming location, it is now more important then ever to feel comfortable in front of the camera and know how to handle yourself, so that when you book the job you deliver the best performance possible. I believe in a practical approach that personalizes and brings the material to life in ways that allow the actor to adjust and grow in a performance as needed. I love working with actors and live for those beautiful moments of discovery that happen when two artists take the time to truly understand a piece of material. This is my life and my livelihood, I hope I can share some of it with you.
Film/TV Auditioning Technique
Relaxation Techniques and Voice Exercises
Acting For Film/TV
Self Tape Auditioning
I am currently in Chicago playing the character 'Mouse' on NBC's Chicago PD.
· Film Acting · In home I have been studying acting techniques and various methods for the last 6 years. I have never read or experienced a method/approach quit like Sams. Through his practical approach and exercises he shows you a much deeper connection you and your character can have. He has helped bring a conscious to each of my characters as well as identified the personal stakes that must be considered to be completely immersed in truth in the scene.
· Acting · In studio My training is mainly in voice (MM in Vocal performance) so my acting training isn't as strong as my vocal training, but acting is becoming an increasingly important skill in the types of performances that i'm auditioning for so I sought some help from Sam. The techniques that he shared with me are awesome! He's a talented artist and really cares that you understand what it is that he's trying to share with you.
He also knows a ton about the film and TV industry. I have no experience with that part of the performing world but he's given me a lot of great advice about what i'd want to do if I want to get into that area.
Plus he's hot. I mean that's not the most important thing to look for in a teacher but it definitely doesn't hurt...
· Film and TV Acting · In studio Take his class you won't regret it! I'd describe Sam as more of an all around life coach. He's helped me significantly improve as an actor, but also helped me figure out why I hold back, based on personal reasons. He's honest, humble, and constructive. His experience in the industry is definitely something I admire and it reflects on his coaching. I highly recommend Sam Hunt as an acting coach, and overall life coach! Seriously one of the nicest guys I've had the honor of meeting.
· Acting · In home Holy cow!!! Samuel Hunt is by far the best acting teacher I've ever had!
I moved from LA and have been to countless studios that charge way too much, and I've never gotten the type of hands on experience and feedback than i have working with Sam.
He sits each person down individually, figured out what will help you and strives towards working on everyone's individual goals. He not only helps you with your immediate auditions, but gives you all the tools you need to practice and be consistently sucessful. It was after my lessons with him that I landed my first part on a major network show, and I owe a large amount of that to Sam.
He also has the experience to back it up! He's been working in the industry forever and is very developed in his career being a regular on Chicago PD and Days of Our Lives! It's cool to have a teacher not only with so much knowledge, but that you can watch on TV every week too! Not to mention, he's easy on the eyes.
· Film and TV Acting · In home Sam is a great teacher. His approach to acting and teaching is refreshing because it's very down to earth and accessible. He gave me fun, intuitive exercises that helped me improve my performance, script breakdown, and audition preparations. He also gave me invaluable advice about being creating a reel. His patience, sensitivity, and demeanor in an instructional setting really make Sam a pleasure to learn from. I highly recommend him.