Hi there! Do you want a teacher who is dedicated to you and can help you take your work to the next level? Do you want a teacher who can draw from a range of experiences to craft your ideal lesson? Well, look no further! My name is Merideth Ashley and I can't wait to meet you!
A bit about me: I have been teaching privately since 2000. I have experience acting, directing, and producing for both stage and film. I've also developed and directed educational arts programs around the country. I am a certified yoga instructor with Yoga Teacher Alliance, a graduate of Community Word Project's Advanced Teacher Training, an alumnus of Pacific Conservatory Theatre, and currently a B.A. candidate at Columbia University majoring in American Studies with a concentration in Sociology. I think learning opportunities are everywhere--in movement, nature, performance, books--and the more we figure out how we learn best, the more fun the process becomes. I love working privately with students! The concentrated personal attention creates space for rapid growth, which is fun for both the student and the teacher.
I currently teach yoga, acting/ audition classes, and customized public speaking and academic support lessons. My teaching style is precise, compassionate, and playful. Please feel free to reach out to me with any questions. I look forward to helping you take your work to the next level!
· Yoga · In home Meredith is amazing. Love her! She was so wonderful and really knows what she is doing. I could not have wished for a better teacher.
· Public Speaking · Online I am running for a political office for the first time and Merideth is helping me in clarifying the message and my speaking skills.
Some instructors pressure you to take lessons with daily calls and emails. Merideth is very low key.
Merideth is excellent at quickly identifying student needs and adjusting the scope of the lesson to satisfy the need. She is very easy to work with and open to suggestions.
I feel my confidence growing exponentially with each lesson.
· Public Speaking · In studio I started taking public speaking classes with Merideth about a month ago. I wanted to improve my skills as a story teller and make my communication more effective and intteractive. I am very impressed how Merideth approaches my situation and works with topics for my industry. I already find myself thinking about proper structure when I tell a story/ piece of news and find it very helpful to work with Merideth to form new habbits of storytelling. I highly reccomend Merideth!
· Yoga · In home She really hones in on specific issues and corrective measures. Excellent!
· Yoga · In home I can't say enough how Merideth has helped me with my yoga practice! I had been practicing for many years, but with her clear instructions and expert insight- I was able to finally take it to the next level. The passion she has for teaching really shines through in every flow- and her hands-on adjustments and tailored pose variations leave me feeling aligned like never before! Whether you're new to yoga or want to deepen your practice- I highly recommend taking with Merideth.