Kelsey’s love for acting and the performing arts is awe-inspiring. Kelsey graduated from Missouri Southern State University in Joplin and received her Bachelor of Arts in Theatre and received her Masters in Fine Arts with an emphasis in Acting at Lindenwood University.
Kelsey has always been a performer who acts from natural instincts and with passion. She is completely devoted to her craft and could not imagine doing anything else with her life. Her objective is to inspire creativity among all ages and to expand their imagination. She instructs understanding in the craft of acting and learning how to develop an expressive voice and body. In her lessons she will focus on character development, experiment with a variety of scenes and monologues, study the essential elements of acting, and explore the world of performing arts.
Kelsey is available for private acting lessons of all kind, including audition prep. The audition prep is perfect for those students who have an interest in continuing their education in theatre, in the community, or for a school show. Kelsey will assist those students by preparing them for their next audition by studying audition etiquette while expanding their material selection.
*** Lesson Details ***
Lessons can be 30-120 min long minutes which include proper stance, vocal warm-up, breathing exercises, evaluating your voice, developing character analysis, objectives, subtext, improv, and so much more! It is advised that each student keep a "Sense Journal" to enhance their senses and help them stay true to their character. Fun and encouraging atmosphere, great with all ages and teach both men and women. Youngest student in 5 years old.
*** Studio Equipment ***
•A large script and screenplay library
*** Travel Equipment ***
A variety of Dramatic and Comedic Scripts and several binders full of audition material and monologues from different genres and subjects.
*** Specialties ***
Kelsey specializes in the Meisner Technique, Uta Hagan "Respect for Acting" Technique, and Jerzy Grotowski technique. She will train performers to use their natural instinct and true emotions on stage. Kelsey will teach them how to analyze their character, discover beat changes, and develop their senses.
· Acting · Online
· Acting · In home Fantastic! It was a great first lesson! Thank you!
· Acting · Online Kelsey is a great instructor . She brought out the emotions I thought I didn't have. She made me feel relaxed and I had fun with her teaching style. Thank you Kelsey. You are the best instructor ever
· Acting · Online
· Film Acting · In home She was awesome. She made me feel comfortable and welcomed. She was very patience to help me understand.
· Acting · Online Great first lesson, easy to let loose and fall into the "subtext" (you'll get it after the first lesson.)
· Acting · Online My daughter is 8.5 yrs old. She loves the time spent with Kelsey. Kelsey treats her as an individual and I can tell my daughter is gaining a sense of maturity as she discovers different emotions during her acting lessons. We always wish the class was longer and my daughter always skips away on a cloud when class is over.
· Meisner Technique · Online Max loves Kelsey! She is a great teacher and connects well with Max. He looks forward to his lessons with her. She helps him prepare for auditions.
· · Kelsey is so awesome! She is so great with beginners and I am so glad that I chose her as my teacher in the sea of teachers that were available! She really makes you feel so comfortable which is extremely important for a bond between a student and an acting coach. She knows what your strengths are and what your weaknesses are and, she will do her level best to make sure your weaknesses improve! She is definitely a really great teacher! Love her so much!!!!!
· Film Acting · Online Can 6 stars be an option? Wow! I love her already. Kelsey is great. She's very informative and knowledgable on the subject. Our first session went really well. Kelsey gave me some good pointers and advice. I can't wait for our second lesson!