- Teaches students:
- Ages 8+ and special needs
- Teaching since:
- September 2011
Hello. I am a Colorado State and New York State-certified drama teacher. I moved to Denver in 2015 from New York City. I love it here, and I am always looking for passionate students that want to learn stage and/or film acting and audition preparation.
I attended Vanderbilt University in Nashville, TN, and received my B.A. in Theatre and Psychology. I earned my Master's degree in Educational Theatre from New York University in New York, New York.
I am a nurturing and high-energy teacher, and I understand different students learn differently. Shy students, you will feel comfortable, I promise!
I have worked as a professional actor in the theater as well as film. I am a member of the Screen Actors Guild. I have an artistic resume that I am happy to share upon request.
I love to teach acting. I teach students of all ages with all different levels of experience, and I teach all aspects of performing: stage acting, film acting, scene study, audition preparation, improvisation and more!
I have a website that should be up by November 5, 2017!
I teach acting to 9-12 year-olds, teens and adults at the Arvada Center. I teach my students scene study, audition preparation, improvisation and dramatic games and exercises. My Basic Acting for Adults class will be offered to Regis University students for college credit beginning in January, 2018.+ Read More
I am a Guest Teacher for the Denver Public School system. I teach Drama (and other subjects.)
I am a Guest Teacher for many subjects within Colorado Academy, from pre-K to highs school. I am also the costume designer for high school productions directed by the head of the Arts department there.
• Teach all levels of stage and film acting to students 13 and older, including audition preparation for professional and school auditions.
• Directed staged readings of a young playwright’s original play and offered play writing feedback. (Intermittently)
I currently teach students that are ages eight to fourteen in Theatre Lab classes, which are classes culminate in showcases of original work involving improvisation, movement, vocalization, scene work, etc.
I am also a private acting coach for AAPA.
• Wrote content for digital marketing campaigns. Clients: Nickelodeon, Pixar, Procter & Gamble, Oscar Mayer, REI and more.
• Edited copy for clients like Chef Ann Foundation. Examples included human resources forms, job descriptions and blog posts.
• Taught subjects like monologue writing, scene writing and creating skits about relevant issues.
• Directed dramatic activities using voice, movement and writing for ensemble building and self-expression.
• Directed, produced and choreographed "The Jungle Book" with a student cast and crew of 45.
• Created drama curriculum for K-5 and taught drama to 500 elementary school students.
• Taught drama club which included vocal work, play reading, improvisation and theatre games.
• Taught sixth grade drama which culminated in an original student-created play. Each student had one of eight different jobs.
• Conducted dramatic activities for vocal growth, character development and ensemble building.
• Directed and produced original documentary theatre production with advanced acting class (juniors and seniors.)
• Coached and taught monologues, Greek theatre and audition preparation to seniors preparing for college auditions.
• Wrote and produced show sites, video and game copy, actors’ Star Pages and SpongeBob social media app for Facebook.
• Created marketing campaigns for clients like Kraft, DreamWorks and Paramount Pictures.
• Created and managed content for Kids’ Choice Awards (KCA.) Wrote and produced 20-year KCA retrospective.
• Wrote video scripts for NickJr.com’s "Cooking With Kids" and "Crafts With Kids."
• Addressed audience’s questions and concerns, including COPPA (Children’s Online Personal Privacy Act) issues.
• Created content and copy for launch of Girls Inc. Online, a private online community just for girls.
• Produced website’s first pod casts, including an interview with Sally Ride. Interviewed female professionals.
• Profiled authors and books, and wrote articles on topics like the Amber Alert bill. Responded to audience concerns.
• Taught preparatory classes and tutored individuals for the SAT and SSHSAT.
• Taught New York State teacher certification preparatory classes (ATS-W and LAST).
My certification for Colorado is pending. The process could conclude this month or June, 2015.
An American labor union representing over 160,000 film and television principal and background performers, journalists, and radio personalities worldwide.
We love Dana! She is so attentive to my daughter, went above and beyond not just in the lesson but staying in contact between lessons and putting in extra legwork finding monologues, resources, and tips for her. We recommend her 1000%!
She worked wonders with Mia. Dana brought her to a level within a few lessons I didn't know was possible.
Dana is great! She has established great rapport with my daughter and provides insight and advice while also coaching her with her acting skills. She is also helpful to us in acquiring what we need to pursue things on our agenda.
Dana did a great job of instilling confidence and teaching techniques my daughter could use for her audition. Thanks Dana!!
Dana does an excellent job of tailoring instruction to specifically address my daughter's needs. She looks for opportunities to include my daughter in activities that she personally works on, and goes above and beyond to help her prepare to meet the goals my daughter has set. She is reliable and follows through with all things she says she's going to do!+ Read More