Hello. I am a Colorado State and New York State-certified drama teacher. I moved to Denver recently, and I am looking for students that want to learn stage and/or film acting and audition preparation.
I attended Vanderbilt University in Nashville, TN, and received my B.A. in Theatre and Psychology. I earned my Master's degree in Educational Theatre from New York University in New York, New York.
I am a nurturing and high-energy teacher, and I understand different students learn differently. Shy students, you will feel comfortable, I promise!
I have worked as a professional actor in the theater as well as film. I am a member of the Screen Actors Guild. I have an artistic resume that I am happy to share upon request.
I love teaching acting to students that want to learn. I teach all aspects of performing: stage acting, film acting, scene study, audition preparation, voice work, etc.
I am very excited to teach in Denver!
I am a Guest Teacher for the Denver Public School system. I teach Drama (and other subjects.)
I am a Guest Teacher for the Performing Arts department for the middle school and high school. I was also the costume designer for the high school production of "Twelfth Night" that premiered in December of 2015.
I currently teach students that are ages eight to fourteen in Theatre Lab classes, which are classes culminate in showcases of original work involving improvisation, movement, vocalization, scene work, etc.
I am also a private acting coach for AAPA.
• Teach all levels of stage and film acting to students 13 and older, including audition preparation for professional and school auditions.
• Write content for digital marketing campaigns. Clients: Nickelodeon, Pixar, Procter & Gamble, Oscar Mayer, REI and more.
• Edit copy for clients like Chef Ann Foundation. Examples include human resources forms, job descriptions and blog posts.
• Directed a staged reading of a teen playwright’s original play and offered play writing feedback.
• Taught subjects like monologue writing, scene writing and creating skits about relevant issues.
• Directed dramatic activities using voice, movement and writing for ensemble building and self-expression.
• Directed, produced and choreographed "The Jungle Book" with a student cast and crew of 45.
• Created drama curriculum for K-5 and taught drama to 500 elementary school students.
• Taught drama club which included vocal work, play reading, improvisation and theatre games.
• Taught sixth grade drama which culminated in an original student-created play. Each student had one of eight different jobs.
• Conducted dramatic activities for vocal growth, character development and ensemble building.
• Directed and produced original documentary theatre production with advanced acting class (juniors and seniors.)
• Coached and taught monologues, Greek theatre and audition preparation to seniors preparing for college auditions.
• Wrote and produced show sites, video and game copy, actors’ Star Pages and SpongeBob social media app for Facebook.
• Created marketing campaigns for clients like Kraft, DreamWorks and Paramount Pictures.
• Created and managed content for Kids’ Choice Awards (KCA.) Wrote and produced 20-year KCA retrospective.
• Wrote video scripts for NickJr.com’s "Cooking With Kids" and "Crafts With Kids."
• Addressed audience’s questions and concerns, including COPPA (Children’s Online Personal Privacy Act) issues.
• Created content and copy for launch of Girls Inc. Online, a private online community just for girls.
• Produced website’s first pod casts, including an interview with Sally Ride. Interviewed female professionals.
• Profiled authors and books, and wrote articles on topics like the Amber Alert bill. Responded to audience concerns.
• Taught preparatory classes and tutored individuals for the SAT and SSHSAT.
• Taught New York State teacher certification preparatory classes (ATS-W and LAST).
My certification for Colorado is pending. The process could conclude this month or June, 2015.
An American labor union representing over 160,000 film and television principal and background performers, journalists, and radio personalities worldwide.