- National Criminal Record Check
- County/State Criminal Record Check
- Sex Offender Registry Search
- SSN Trace & Verification
Males 13 and up
I am an actress that has performed and taught the classics for over 35 years. I love it! I can help you with auditions, study structure, develop skills or simply reach a deeper understanding of your favorite texts.
I believe that the theatre is an arena where we learn about who we are. Acting is being present in the moment and we learn how to live our lives more fully through this study. Each actor has his own unique voice and relationship to the material. It is my job to help each student find their own path.
Successfully funded Kickstarter of a Shakespearean based CD for the female voice.
Currently working on the visual component to be added to the sound for installation.
Teaching Youth and Elder Groups Shakespeare as they would attend the festival's seasons.
The American Society of Composers, Authors and Publishers (ASCAP) is a membership association of more than 480,000 US composers, songwriters, lyricists and music publishers. The ASCAP is committed to nurturing music makers throughout their careers.
An American labor union representing over 160,000 film and television principal and background performers, journalists, and radio personalities worldwide.
Actors' Equity Association, founded in 1913, is the labor union that represents more than 49,000 Actors and Stage Managers in the United States. Equity seeks to advance, promote and foster the art of live theatre as an essential component of our society.
· Voice Acting · Online I can't recommend Corliss highly enough as a teacher. As someone who is new to voice acting and the world of voiceovers, it's absolutely essential to find someone who can help you to tap into your creative impulses, get you out of your comfort zone, and teach you how to interpret copy in order to connect with your audience. Corliss has a very engaging, upbeat and energetic teaching style, and she gives honest feedback and concrete goals tailored to helping you improve your craft. Make no mistake, learning the art of voice acting takes work, but this process has really been fun for me, and I've enjoyed our lessons and I look forward to taking more lessons with Corliss!
· Voice Acting · In studio This was my first lesson with Corliss. I felt extremely comfortable working with her, and she has a fantastic personality. I could not have been happier with my lesson and the instruction, ideas, encouragement, and her commitment to working with me to get my voice over career started.
I am so happy I found her. She is a "pro' and she is super cool.
· · A gifted performer and teaching artist, Corliss Preston brings an unprecedented creativity to any endeavor she lays her hand to.
As a mentor, Preston's breadth of information, both stylistically and professorially will give an actor or student that extra edge they are looking for. Conversant in theatrical form: from Greek to Shakespeare to American Classic to Modern, and versed in a myriad of acting methods, her versatility and knowledge will inspire you!
Working with Preston always challenges me to go places I have never gone before. I have, under her tutelage, tried new acting techniques and acquired new tools that helped me to achieve the apex of performance. She will insist you are the very best you can be, and she will take the journey with you with humor and grace.
I highly recommend her as a coach, teacher and mentor.