- National Criminal Record Check
- County/State Criminal Record Check
- Sex Offender Registry Search
- SSN Trace & Verification
Briana has enjoyed teaching since she was a teaching assistant at Detroit Windsor Dance Academy, her high school dance studio. Since then she has taught students within Washington DC Public Schools, the University of Michigan Recreation Center, the Capitol Hill Arts Workshop, Morton Street Dance Center, District Dance Arts, as well as many other studios and non-profit organizations. Teaching allows her to express herself, pass on her knowledge and experiences and inspire students to develop their technique, creativity, individuality and showmanship.
There is never a dull moment in Briana’s classes! Her specific classes and lesson plans are catered to specific age groups from Pre-K to adults. They consist of engaging movement activities, warm-up, and complex movement combinations. She is an energetic and patient teacher who seriously takes into account the needs and skill level of the student in preparing her lesson plans and material.
Briana’s use of dance vocabulary and physical demonstrations allow her to teach the material accurately and effectively. Her positive attitude and constant words of encouragement keep students motivated and engaged in the lesson. Students will increase their knowledge and physical vocabulary of the movement style and leave each lesson a better dancer, performer and person.
She received her Bachelor’s of Fine Arts in Dance and Bachelors of Arts in Sociology from the University of Michigan in May of 2013 and has had a wide range of professional experience. She has worked with and performed works by modern dance choreographers such as Lindsey Merchant, Melissa Beck, Germaul Barnes, Jessica Fogel, Christopher Huggins, Shen Wei and Dianne McIntyre. She was artistic director of a chapter of the international hip-hop dance company Dance2XS International.
Briana was a full-time company member with StepAfrika!, a professional stepping company in Washington, DC from 2013-2015 and currently, she is working with CityDance resident artist S.J. Ewing & Dancers. Briana has had the privilege of performing at DC's City Rhythms Festival, Catholic Universities Hartke Theater, the Hill Center, the VelocityDC Festival, the Guantanomo Bay Naval Base as well as others. Recently she was invited to perform a modern dance solo in Dance Place’s 2014 New Releases Choreographers Showcase and Joy of Motions 2014 Dance Project Concert. Most recently, she served as the assistant choreographer on the American Theater’s Company’s production of The Project(s) in Chicago, IL, rated 4 stars by the Chicago Tribune. Most recently, she collaborated with Hard Soles Dance Company on a new piece titled “Re:set”, combining contemporary dance and body percussion, for the 2016 March on Washington Film Festival in honor of the 70th anniversary of the integration of the NFL and was chosen as Dance Place's 2016 New Releases Commission Recipient in support her new work to be premiered the summer of 2017.
Briana encourages students to bring writing materials to each lesson to take notes for any learned vocabulary and each lesson will follow with a recorded video of the movement for the students to refer to until the next lesson.
The membership of Zeta Phi Beta Sorority, Inc. includes 125,000+ college-educated, dynamic, community service driven, diverse and professional women. The benefits of membership include opportunities for professional development, personal development, and sisterhood. Our members are active in their respective communities and hold dear the ideals of Service, Scholarship, Sisterhood and Finer Womanhood.
· Dance · In studio My 12 y.o. daughter has been taking private lessons with Briana. My daughter has no prior experience but would like to join a group class some day and Briana has been great coming up with an appropriate lesson plan and providing a foundation to start with so she will be comfortable joining a group class as well. Briana is very enthusiastic and my daughter has really enjoyed the classes. I can tell she has learned a lot & will benefit a great deal from these lessons. We definitely plan to continue the lessons and I highly recommend Briana to anyone seeking dance lessons.
· Ballet · In studio I started taking private lessons after a long hiatus from ballet. Briana is an excellent teacher, patient, and knowledgeable. I've progressed faster than I would have if I had only taken group classes. Briana's teaching style is fun and inspiring. She takes the time to discover where you are in your dance training and tailors the lessons to your goals while maintaining authority as a professional. I recommend Briana for any adult dancers who want to improve their technique and want focused, individual training.
· Modern Dance · In studio Briana was a very enthusiastic teacher and had very interesting lesson plans. She strives for student improvement and always keeps class fun. I would definitely recommend her as a dance instructor!
· Jazz Dancing · In studio Great first class! High energy, friendly instructor with attention to detail. I fully expect to see lots of growth in my daughter's dancing with Brianna's instruction!
· Hip Hop Dance · In studio Briana is absolutely amazing. She worked really well with my 9 year old to help her improve her skills. We are looking forward to the next lesson.
· Hip Hop Dance · In studio My wife and I had a great experience with Briana. I am not a dancer and she made me feel very comfortable. My wife and I learned a lot and would definitely recommend her.
· Dance Choreography · In studio My daughter was extremely pleased and excited about the dance choreography lessons that she received from Briana. Briana was very professional yet she made my daughter feel confident and relaxed. She is the best, and we would definitely recommend her in a heartbeat! <3
· Hip Hop Dance · In studio We had such a great time with Briana! I surprised my boyfriend with a Hip Hop dance class for our anniversary and Briana made the afternoon so much fun. I am not a dancer (at all) and she was able to get me out of my shell and moving to the music in no time.
Our appointment was a 60min session and we both felt that was a perfect amount of time for us. Briana also included a warm up and cool down which both of us appreciated.
Briana, was also very flexible in terms of appointment time, song choice, and choreography. If there was a move that wasn't feeling quite right or a step we couldn't master she would change up the steps or patiently walk us through the movement again.
We had such a good time we will be booking with her again soon!
· Dance · In studio Briana is just what I have needed. She is taking me into new areas to challenge me just as I need, to grow and develop, and become more confident as a dancer. Thank you, Briana!
· Choreography · In studio Brianna was amazing. In just five lessons, she taught my fiance and I a 3:30 minute choreographed dance to three different songs. She was patient and had great ideas and listened when we had suggestions. She was great at convenient scheduling and following up with us. She was always early, and her energy and excitement was great. I would highly recommend taking lessons with Brianna!