- National Criminal Record Check
- County/State Criminal Record Check
- Sex Offender Registry Search
- SSN Trace & Verification
If you think that tutoring help for yourself or for your son/daughter is a costly expense, then I suggest you look for other tutors who may not be as dedicated. However, if you think that tutoring is a very important investment for a future return, then please read on...
I specialize in Test Prep (GRE, SAT/ACT, SHSAT, HSPT, SSAT/ISEE, Regents, Common Core, etc.) and tutor a number of academic subjects including English (Reading, Vocabulary); and specific areas in Math and Science. My interests include gifted learning and STEM education. For example, I was successful in helping a 5-year old pass the NYC G&T Test so he could enroll in any school participating in the program. I have master's and bachelor's degrees in business administration and electronics engineering respectively and I enjoy tutoring both children and adults. I tutor only on occasions when I am available so I consider it a very special privilege to be part of someone's educational journey.
I have several years of work experience as an engineer and business developer in multinational companies and startups; so I might be able to add some insights into the lessons relevant to your current/future career. Furthermore, as I have learned from experience, there are three best tools for learning: practice, practice and more practice!
When I am not tutoring, I enjoy cooking and making that ordinary dish into something extraordinary by just adding that little "extra."
Tutoring Rate (IMPORTANT): I only do in-person tutoring and do online only as a back-up. My minimum lesson length is 1.5 hours for Academic subjects and 2.0 hours for Test Prep. My rates for children will be in principle the same as adults because I invest at least an equivalent amount of time and effort. Different arrangements possible on a case-by-case basis. See each subject rate for more details.
· Statistics · In home I has reached out Rod at the point in which I resigned and I was expecting to get "B" in my statistics class. I was not confident and constantly struggled in responding to the test questions because I was not sure of concepts. Rod explained me concepts step by step in a very simple way also, by drawing the graphs and that everything was clear for me as visual person. He was able to answered and explained all my questions that I was well prepared and confident on my final exam. Thanks to him I gained the necessary knowledge and I ended with "A".
· Test Prep · In home We originally solicited Rod's support in order to help get our 8th grade daughter up to speed in math class. With high school rapidly approaching, we wanted to ensure that her footing was solid for the rigors of the high school curriculum. As the New York State testing approached, we asked Rod to take some time in the weekly sessions to work on test-taking skills and to do a bit of brushing up on skills that my daughter may run into trouble with. I had my daughter take last year's 8th grade state test (which I found a copy of online), and asked Rod to review her work and help address the learning gaps. Rod's approach was to help my daughter recognize that she actually did know how to do many of the questions that she answered correctly, and with helping her reframe some of the questions, she was able to recognize that the test was not in fact, blind siding her which did wonders for her confidence. Rod spent ample time discussion stress reduction techniques, both before and after the test. As an incredibly supportive gesture, he followed up with us after each of the test days in order to inquire as to how she did, and show she was feeling overall. Rod's contribution definitely helped alleviate her anxiety and bolstered her confidence. By the end of the test she felt confident that she had performed to the best of her ability.
· Math · In home Rod has been tutoring my eighth grader for the past month or so, and all I can say is that I wish we had met Rod years ago. My daughter has always struggled with math, and after several sessions with Rod I feel like the struggle was unnecessary. Even before our first session, Rod took the time to discuss exactly what our concerns and goals were and asked the type of questions that indicate a genuine interest in her success. As a former educator myself, I know that a true teacher is one that invests in the student before and after class, and that is precisely what Rod does. Not only does he assign relevant homework in between sessions, he is diligent about inquiring what her class is working on, ensuring he follows the same curriculum. He not only remembers when she has had a mid term but reaches out between sessions to find out the result. In addition to knowing how to make concepts understandable, he provides praise and encouragement, while still having high expectations and moving her steadily forward, her confidence bolstered. Before her midterm, Rod offered to adjust our schedule so that he could meet with her the night before the test. In one month's time Rod was able to prepare my daughter so effectively for her midterm, that she achieved a full grade higher than her previous assessment. If your child needs not only an academically qualified tutor, but a dedicated one, then Rod is the tutor your family needs.
· Test Prep · In home Always on time. He gets very invested in his students so always do your assignments on time. Other than that he explains step by step in a very easy way.
· · In home Rod was extremely professional and put my son at ease while practicing/studying for G&T test. My son never complained, and actually looked forward to sessions, as Rod always tried his best to make them fun and age appropriate. Rod was very good at identifying his strengths and areas for improvement and came with strategies to improve the score. Not only did my son pass the test, but he scored 98 percentile, which means that we are eligible to apply to citywide programs.I would recommend Rod to anyone. Needless to say, this was a very positive experience.
· GRE · Rod was very helpful when it came to helping me prepare for my GRE. After Rod's help, my overall scored increased by 8 points. I was very happy with his tutoring and would highly recommend him. He makes the information easy to understand as well as fun to learn.
· Physics · Rod is also very good at teaching physics. I was lost in class and he helped me immensely!
· GRE · In studio I had a very pleasant experience working with Rod. He really made sure I knew all the material and he didn't lose patience even when I didn't get something right away. He was always available to answer phone calls with questions. He's very accommodating and wants to make things work. I feel very prepared for my GRE exam now. Before my sessions I was completely lost and didn't know where to begin. He is really knowledgable in everything that he teaches. I highly recommend him.
· Algebra · I was once lost in math, and I didn't know what to do or if i was even going to pass the final. I reached out to Rod and he helped me like no body else could. He really made me understand Math. I felt Rod was so good, that I made him my tutor for the following semester as well. Because of Rod I passed, I couldn't have done it without him, and I'm glad he was on this journey with me. Just would like to give a big Thank you to Rod!