- Teaches students:
- Ages 5 to 18 and special needs
- Teaching since:
I am an undergraduate earning my BFA studying Acting, Directing, and Playwriting at NYU Tisch’s Playwrights Horizons Theater School and am also minoring in Teacher Education. I also work in early childhood special education classrooms.
I have performed in NYU Tisch shows (with one coming up in February) and have performed in both downtown theater and Off-Broadway.
As an artist and activist, it's my mission to use myself as a vessel to bring to life not only my own work, but the work of underrepresented voices and underrepresented narratives. What I immerse myself in remains authentic in storytelling experiences without any filtering.
• Work collaboratively with teachers to design and implement early childhood curricula
• Ensure the safety and well-being of students
• Observe and document students for assessment
I have been acting for the past 6 years. I am currently studying Drama at NYU-Tisch at Playwrights Horizons Theater School. I perform both in Tisch Drama and professionally in with and in NYC companies and theaters. Select credits include: RESISTANCE (Semicolon Theater Company), THE BEGINNING OF GOLD
(NYU Tisch/PHTS), 30 MILLION and LANDLINES (Keen Company), WATER (Women Between Arts). For more performance experience, please visit marissajoycestamps.com
• Assistant stage managed the non-profit’s original musical, Surreality TV
• Engaged young adults aged 13-21 with special needs in theatre-based exercises and activities
• Assisted participants in further developing key skills, including social-emotional skills
• Directly communicated with parents of participants
• Managed production (lights, sound, scheduling, etc.)
• Organized set changes
• Assisted with lighting design
• Managed marketing and PR for Summer Rock: A New Musical
• Managed all social media accounts and built the social media following for the musical
• Assistant staged managed Summer Rock: A New Musical