Leona K. is available for in-home, in-studio, and online lessons worldwide! Leona has been tutoring students of all ages in academic subjects, test preparation, and violin instruction for over 14 years, since 2001. One of Leona's elementary school students who started lessons with poor grades was nominated Student of the District within three months of lessons with Leona. Leona teaches students of all ages and experience levels.
Leona is a practicing attorney and is also currently pursuing her MBA. She attended NYU for her Bachelor's Degree, Washington and Lee for her JD, and is now an MBA student at NYU Stern. She has received As and superior scores in all of the academic courses and exams for which she tutors, and has won awards and soloed with orchestras on the violin. Her skills, personal experience, and schooling will bring all students to the next level in their studies.
Leona is a very patient instructor and works with students at their own pace to achieve great results!
Achieved $1.2+ million in sales growth in 1.5 years by defining and segmenting target audiences in different law schools, implementing individual business plans at each school, and establishing territory goals for 200+ student sales representatives.
Successfully build and direct high-power sales teams in eight law schools to consistently exceed revenue/market share goals – ranking in the top two of all Directors nationally in 2014.
Accountable for new business/sales development, account management, contract negotiations, marketing, pricing, and P&L performance. Lecture nation-wide on all legal topics tested on the New York and New Jersey Bar Examinations, including Professional Responsibility.
Prepare Compliance Training Programs for industry professionals on financial crimes compliance, OFAC/anti-money laundering, and sanctions.
Advise social, corporate, and non-profit entrepreneurs on incorporation, investor, and legal matters, intellectual property, corporate governance, sales promotions/website marketing, and policy/procedure manuals.
Leverage Russian language skills to research country, sector, and company-specific sanctions documentation and media coverage.
Conduct extensive analysis of benefit (b) corporation certification and standards of social and environmental performance.
Research securities law and regulation and state law/blue sky matters.
Draft training presentations for Business Law and Ethics courses.
Serve as Teaching Fellow and am responsible for grading undergraduate and master-level assignments and examinations.
I am a New York State-barred attorney.
I am a New Jersey-barred attorney.
· GMAT · Online My GMAT journey began wth a large amount of frustration toward both the exam and the expectations I had set for myself. Leona was extremely patient and understanding of my schedule while I was working and made it a priority to help me feel better prepared in areas I was struggling. Bottom line, if you want to do well on this exam it is YOU who needs to put in the effort - Leona will give you the tools to succeed - but if you want a 700+, come prepared to eat, sleep, and breathe the exam. That being said, I'm happy to have Leona as very close friend of mine now and could not have gotten to the finish line without her! A million thank you's!!!!
· GMAT · Online Working with Leona (online in my case) was great. She was patient, methodical, and very helpful across the board. Definitely recommend!
· GRE · Online After my first sessions, I am really excited to continue on! I am looking forward to seeing how much I can improve on the GRE!
· GRE · Online My first class with Leona went well and was very productive
· LSAT · Online Leona is all I could have wanted out of a tutor. She was positive, patient, and up lifting. She really worked with me and reminded me to be confident in the skills I have learned. I highly recommend Leona. Even though we were online through Skype, she was just as helpful than if she were in person.
· Violin · In home Leona is simply a pleasure to work with. She is a kind and gifted teacher as well as a performer. Her skillset will surely benefit students and teachers for decades to come!
· Violin · In studio I had the pleasure of working with Leona a while ago - shes a natural teacher. Helped me understand the instrument without me even having played it! She is a very sweet and caring person, and I guarantee she'll help you with whatever you need.
· SAT · In home Leona was a very patient instructor and made sure that I understood the material covered before moving on to the next topic. Her teaching style helped me to understand the structure of the SAT better.