- National Criminal Record Check
- County/State Criminal Record Check
- Sex Offender Registry Search
- SSN Trace & Verification
Katherine recently joined the team of a boutique college prep firm in Greenwich, CT as a standardized test prep and academic tutor. Katherine has been a lead test prep teacher and tutor with national test leaders, including Kaplan, Inc., and she has tutored privately for years in subjects ranging from SAT, ACT, GRE, academic subjects and AP prep as well as organizational and executive function strategies for young students. Katherine is currently pursuing her Doctorate of Education in College Music Teaching at Teachers College Columbia University, where she was recently hired as a voice instructor.
Katherine worked at the prestigious Juilliard School for years, most recently in the capacity of the Assistant Director of the Alan D. Marks Center for Career Services and Entrepreneurship where she assisted performing artists with admission to graduate programs as well as the transition to their professional careers.
Katherine fosters an environment of positive rapport and crafts curriculum and designs individualized lesson plans unique to each student to enable him or her to achieve whatever level of depth and proficiency he or she seeks. Katherine’s students have been admitted to Harvard, Princeton, Columbia, MIT, BYU, UCLA, UC Berkeley, Vassar, and Tufts among other top tier universities. Her students have consistently achieved improvements on scores and academic grades throughout her tutoring career.
A fellow of the American-Scandinavian Foundation and The Hertz Traveling Fellowship of UC Berkley, Katherine is a graduate of UC Berkeley and The San Francisco Conservatory of Music, and she was a National Merit Finalist in the state of California.
Katherine will be tutoring students one on one in SAT, SAT Subject, ACT, GRE test prep as well as a number of academic subjects. She focuses on empowering students to develop organization and study skills to support them beyond the test or given subject.
• Design and implement a course syllabus for one on one lessons for elective students including weekly lesson plans and student assessment and semester grading.
• Collaborate with students on repertoire selection appropriate to voice type, level, and pace of progress.
• Evaluate student progress and adjust lessons according to the needs of the student.
• Integrate lessons in musicianship, theory and history into the applied lesson setting.
• Meet with department head once per semester to discuss best practices and departmental measures for effective teaching.
Assist with the development of the Career Services and Entrepreneurship center budgeting the additional financial resources awarded to the department for performing arts career skills curriculum
• Provide advisement to students and alumni on topics such as auditioning, interviewing, career planning and strategies, and preparation of promotional materials including cover letters, promotional kits, bios, résumés, and repertoire lists
• Program, coordinate, and attend weekly, seasonal, and monthly performances related to current Juilliard concert series. Including coaching students on programming, public speaking, contracting with selected soloists and ensembles.
I was a National Merit Finalist, and scored 1490 on my own SAT, and 1510 on my GRE (out of years when the scores were based on the 1600 scale for each). I have coached my students to significant point increases. Now a doctoral student at an Ivy League institution, I am researching even further how students learn effectively in one on one settings.
Develop lesson plans based on individual student needs and goals to achieve improvement in classroom grades and standardized testing. Tutor students one on one in SAT, SAT Subject, ACT, Academic subject, Organization and Study skills. Focus on increasing not just specific knowledge, but general study skills and creative problem solving for success in all fields of study. Moved into private practice exclusively from this company.
Tutored students one on one in SAT, SAT Subject, ACT, Academic subject, Organization and Study skills.
Moved on after leaving the California Bay Area
Honed my skills as a tutor through this excellent company. Taught SAT test prep per the Kaplan curriculum. Tutored students one on one for SAT test preparation. Proctored practice exams. Administered essay seminars.
National Association for Music Education (NAfME), among the world’s largest arts education organizations, is the only association that addresses all aspects of music education. NAfME advocates at the local, state, and national levels; provides resources for teachers, parents, and administrators; hosts professional development events; and offers a variety of opportunities for students and teachers. The Association orchestrates success for millions of students nationwide and has supported music educators at all teaching levels for more than a century.
The College Music Society promotes music teaching and learning, musical creativity and expression, research and dialogue, and diversity and interdisciplinary interaction. A consortium of college, conservatory, university, and independent musicians and scholars interested in all disciplines of music, the Society provides leadership and serves as an agent of change by addressing concerns facing music in higher education.
· GRE · In studio The instructor was very professional and extremely well prepared. She tutored me for the GRE exam for about five months, and I can honestly say that my preparation was boosted by her great teaching skills as well as careful lesson planning. The sessions were planned in detail in order to work on all of the three sections of the test, paying particular attention to those topics that needed extra practice first. Weekly material was brought to class, and homework were regularly assigned and checked. The tutor was reliable and could be reached by email during the week for any questions and/or clarifications regarding the course work. Would recommend to anyone.
· · Great Experience Great Instructor!!!
This was my stepdaughter's 1st singing lessons experience and Kate made her feel totally comfortable and eager to learn... Kate is very patient and extremely knowledgeable of her singing craft which comes in VERY handy when it comes to kids...
· · Great with kids
My 10-year-old daughter has studied with Kate for several months now, and we both adore her. Not only is Kate extremely knowledgeable about many aspects of singing and performing, but she knows how to impart that knowledge to a young student in a way that is both effective and fun. Brava!
· · Makes my daughter feel very comfortable with her. She is great.