- National Criminal Record Check
- County/State Criminal Record Check
- Sex Offender Registry Search
- SSN Trace & Verification
Hello students, parents, and co-creators. The way I teach is simple and fun! I am patient and dedicated to your success.
My name is Jonathan. I am a 33 year old French-American man living and working in Minneapolis. I will be your teacher today.
I am a happy husband and step-father who moved to Minnesota in 2015 to live with the wife Sophia and 2 kids: Blake and Samara, 14 and 12 (10th, and 7th grade).
I have been a professional photographer for more than 14 years now. It is my full-time job. I also practice traditional Indian-Himalayan SunYoga, meditation, acupressure. I have participated in healing cancer patients and all kinds of diseases in 4 different countries (USA, France, Serbia, India).
In 2015, before I moved to the USA, I was the President of a Non Profit Organization called SUNYOGA France, French branch of the main NPO from India called UNIVERSAL PEACE CENTER, for yoga, research, education, and humanitarian programs. I am now working on creating the American branch of the association. It will be called SUNYOGA AMERICA.
WHAT ABOUT TEACHING? Everybody wants the best. I believe QUALITY is the most important. I also believe each person is UNIQUE and should be treated in a unique way.
What comes first? Question or answer? When we arrive on our first day at school do we have final exams? First the teacher shares knowledge during class. Depending on the teacher's talent, passion, and love for his work, the students will learn something. Then only we have exams.
Life is the biggest exam off all. Every day we are being tested. With our family, friends, work, travels, everywhere we go and whatever we do. Hopefully wisdom will come out of this process. All we need is a little support to all grow together.
Teaching is a big responsibility. Parents and teachers, it is our duty to teach the best. Let's do our best together. Thank you.
ENLIGHTEN YOUR EVENT, BRING LIFE TO YOUR STORY
🌟🌟🌟🌟🌟Voted Top 5 MN Photographer by CBS News Minnesota
👍Creative Business, Event, Portrait, Commercial, Performance Photographer
🎨Fine Art Photographer
🐣Photography Workshops Teacher/ Coach for ↪beginners ↪advanced ↪pros💯
I joined the team of our French-American cultural center on Bastille Day July 14, 2015. I now take photos of events, shows, talks, and all activities taking place in Minneapolis-St Paul, but also off site like in Rochester, MN, or on the lakes for outdoor activities. May 11, 2016 was our successful annual Gala "Mais Oui Orient Express" at the Depot of Minneapolis.
+14 years of experience in many countries around the world.
I now live and work in Minneapolis, MN, USA.
The mission of Alliance Française Mpls/St Paul, an independent chapter of a worldwide organization, is to serve our community by promoting the use and appreciation of French language and cultures through language classes, cultural programs, social events and information resources.
· French · Online
· Photography · Online JC is a fantastic instructor. He communicates clearly and works hard to make sure the material is well understood. He also makes time to fit in any questions you may have about photography that aren't covered in the lesson.
· French · Online Jonathan was a great teacher. His enthusiasm was contagious :). It was great fun learning with him.
· Photography · Online
· French · Online Jonathan has a very positive and encouraging attitude about learning a language, which I believe is one of the most important fundamentals. He took the time to provide me with voice recordings of every word (and letter in the alphabet!) that we practiced, and also informed me of numerous resources to help get me started with French. As he is a native speaker, his perspective is great when it comes to offering pointers on accent/pronunciation, and even things like idioms and slang. Despite encountering some technical issues in our first lesson, Jonathan kindly spent extra time with me to make up for the lost time. I look forward to continuing our lessons!
· Photography · In studio Jonathan is such an inspiring and motivating photographer.
I was fortunate enough to participate in one of his workshops almost a year back. This review is based on the amazing experience during the workshop and highly beneficial interactions with him beyond that.
The workshop itself was wonderful. Jonathan made sure that every participant understood exactly what he was talking about on a one on one basis. ‘Patience’ - the virtue great photographers are known for was on display live. There were beginners, intermediate and professional level photographers and each of them learned a lot from Jonathan and from each other. The biggest impact was the photography community feeling Jonathan created in us and all of us interacts with each other even after a year and learn together via social media groups.
As part of the conference, there was a street photography session where we interacted with strangers and got their photographs. It was a great experience. Being new to Minneapolis and from a different culture and upbringing, this experience helped me to gain a lot of confidence and finally I was able to come out of my shell.
The best part about Jonathan is, he helps me out so much with my photography even months after the workshop. Also, he provides the opportunity to assist during photo shoots which help me a lot to learn just by observing. It really really helps me improve my photography knowledge and experience.
I would definitely recommend Jonathan to anyone who is looking to get into the photography world. He is such a great teacher who will inspire and be with you throughout your journey!!
· French · Online This is Andres' mom rating the class. I have to say that Andres was very excited about this first class, and since it ended, he has been studying. I guess he was captivated. Amazing achievement!
· Photography · In home I am so thankful I found Jon via takelessons for photography lessons. He is an amazing, encouraging and a patient teacher. Before the class, we discussed my goals and Jon came up with a lesson plan to help me meet those goals in 3 days of classes. I have learnt so much during our classes so far - the impact of light on photographs, the importance of talking with the subjects/models and the benefits of patience and being a keen observer. Jon is ever so helpful and is always suggesting ways to help me improve my photography skills. Thank you Jon!!!
· French · Online
· Ping Pong · In studio He wisely starts with the fundamentals. Reinforces it thru different language and examples. An excellent base. Friendly, enjoyable company and answers questions thoroughly.