Are you working on a part for a play or film and need assistance? If you are new to acting, I can teach you what it takes to be an actor and how to bring a character to life. Do you need to prepare for an audition? Do you want to learn about the business of acting? Script analysis? I can help.
If you have training or are a working actor, I can help take you to the next level.
I am a working actor, published playwright and award winning filmmaker. I graduated from the Lee Strasberg Theater Institute at New York University’s Tisch School of the Arts where I majored in drama. Currently, I am faculty member at Lee Strasberg Theater Institute in New York. I teach Method Acting, Acting for Camera, Improvisation as well as other classes. My students, both at the Institute and from private coaching, have appeared in independent stage and film productions, TV shows, commercials and Hollywood films.
Acting is the art of bringing a character to life. I use the Lee Strasberg Method, my original exercises and a fun and serious demeanor to help actors express themselves as artists and gain the confidence and skills they need in order to book acting jobs.
My book, "The Young Actor's Handbook", is published by Applause Theatre and Cinema Books. "The Young Actor's Handbook" ignites the beginning actor's creative soul with acting exercises, acting theory, writing exercises and insight into what it means to be an actor. This is a pragmatic manual that guides and informs the young actor, beginning actor, novice acting teacher or anyone who wants to understand acting.
"Jeremy Kruse's book, "The Young Actor’s Handbook", leads the young actor on the correct path. Jeremy is an experienced acting teacher who has broken down acting in an academic way while nurturing the soul of the actor. He understands the emotional aspects of good acting. I commend Jeremy and believe he has accomplished quite a feat in writing "The Young Actors Handbook."
Vincent D'Onofrio - actor, producer, and singer. He is known for his roles as Private Leonard Lawrence ("Gomer Pyle") in Stanley Kubrick's war film Full Metal Jacket (1987), Wilson Fisk in the Netflix series Daredevil, Edgar/the Bug in Men in Black (1997), and Detective Robert Goren in the crime television series Law & Order: Criminal Intent. He has also co-starred in The Judge (2014), Run All Night (2015), Jurassic World (2015) and The Magnificent Seven (2016).
Teaches method acting, acting for camera, improvisation, creating your own work, sketch comedy and acting for independent films to students of all ages.
Actors' Equity Association, founded in 1913, is the labor union that represents more than 49,000 Actors and Stage Managers in the United States. Equity seeks to advance, promote and foster the art of live theatre as an essential component of our society.
An American labor union representing over 160,000 film and television principal and background performers, journalists, and radio personalities worldwide.
· Acting · In studio My son enjoys his acting lessons immensely. Jeremy always makes him feel comfortable and at ease. His method is fantastic.
· Film and TV Acting · In studio I would recommend Jeremy to any 1st timer actor or actor very professional great teacher
· Improv Acting · Online He's kind and understanding and extremely helpful. I can't wait for my next lesson! I wholeheartedly recommend him! I enjoyed the improv games we played. I needed encouragement and Jeremy gave it to me.
· Film and TV Acting · Online Jeremy is great acting coach, I definitely recommend him!
· Method Acting · In studio Great instructor and great listener. Jeremy will be a supporting and friendly coach while helping you to achieve your goals as an actor.
· Child Acting · In home Jeremy was great with my 7 year old daughter. He was patient and helpful at giving her pointers. I felt comfortable not being present during the classes. I would recommend Jeremy for anyone looking to get their child more experience with auditions.
· Film and TV Acting · In studio Jeremy Kruse is a working actor and an excellent coach who showed me how fun and rewarding a career in film and television could be. Being a student of Jeremy's for almost two whole years, I looked to him as both a mentor and a friend. He taught everything from breaking down a script to being typecast for a role; even going as far to recreate the physical conditions of an audition space. Since departing from the Lee Strasberg Theatre and Film Institute, he's been supportive of my own endeavors as a rising actor, both putting me in touch with a voiceover coach and encouraging me to take up improv at the Upright Citizens Brigade. I began working with Jeremy my first year of highschool and have witnessed firsthand how well his contagious enthusiasm and cultivated professionalism influences his pupils, no matter their age or level of experience. Now four years later, I can say with confidence that were it not for Jeremy Kruse and my class with him every Saturday for 80 weeks, I wouldn't be as devoted as I am today to pursuing acting as a career.
· Acting · In studio I was one of Jeremy's acting students at Lee Strasberg Theatre Institute last year, and i can say honestly he was and still remains my favorite acting teachers i have ever had. He is so incredibly talented himself and passionate about acting and it makes the student even more passionate. He took time to personally help each student and didn't just address us as a whole. His class is fun and very very helpful! He also teaches you about some of the business and tips for auditioning, its not just acting, he is amazing and i miss his class always:)!He also took headshots for my class which I've gotten parts with!:) Everyone take his class!
· Acting · In studio I have taken Jeremy's Acting in Front of the Camera class and have loved every second of it. He is a very experienced and professional coach, but also very fun and easy going, which makes for a great acting coach. He has a lot of insight in the business and taught me all the technical aspects of acting for film and TV, but also focused on the most important part, getting into character and really understanding the scene. Jeremy is a great teacher and I loved being in his class.
· Acting · In home Jeremy helped my child prepare for an audition. She walked in feeling prepared and relaxed. We couldn't ask for more.