- Teaches students:
- Females 10+, males 10 to 35 and special needs
- Teaching since:
- May 2011
My name is Hillary and I specialize in tutoring those who struggle with mild-to-severe ADD, ADHD, and similar academic and intellectual challenges.
My teaching philosophy is rooted in the idea that our challenges are what define our strengths and push us to succeed. Unfortunately, some of the brightest and most capable students are those whose time management, organization, and executive functioning skills are wanting.
I am deeply committed to helping every one of my students honestly identify their challenges, find creative ways to address them, and create sustainable strategies for the future.
Here are some things all of my students can expect:
- A compassionate professional relationship based on mutual respect and shared interest in success
- Highly-individualized lesson plans and assignments
- Genuine interest in his or her continued academic and professional success
- A kind, engaging experience with a teacher who understands the importance of both hard work and fun
Hilary provides constructive and critical feedback on everything from grammar to tone, while still allowing her students to produce work that lets their voice and ideas shine through. She also has a good sense of humor and unflagging patience when walking through complex or foggy lines of reasoning.+ Read More