- Teaches students:
- Ages 10+ and special needs
- Teaching since:
- May 2013
I am a Spanish teacher with a Masters in Arts in Teaching Spanish. I've taught in a wide range of formats from regular classroom basic Spanish courses for Middle School students to one-on-one lessons with Professionals that want to increment their cultural knowledge and be up-to-date in current events in a specific Spanish-speaking country. Films, music, and food are recurrent topics in my lessons as well as anecdotes from my childhood in Mexico.
- Teach Spanish as a Foreign Language with a cultural perspective of Latin American countries and Spain to enrich students learning experience.
- Currently teaching Spanish 1, 2 and Dual Enrollment Spanish
- Create Syllabus and Curriculum for all Spanish courses
- Incorporate art, music, film and literature for an authentic cultural experience.
- Bring guest native Spanish speakers to enrich students learning about cultural topics
- Use technology to facilitate and benefit student’s learning experience
- ELL Test Coordinator
- Create quizzes, tests, as well as formative assessments to assess students
- Interpret for Spanish monolingual parents in meetings
- Collaborate with other teachers to design plans to help individual students to improve their academic and behavioral performances
- Taught a small Spanish immersion class (120 hours of class time over the 4 weeks)
- Used podcasts, movies, documentaries, news articles and research articles to create discussions about current events in Latin American countries
-Taught Spanish 101, 102, 201 and 202 to undergrad university students
as a Spanish Graduate Teaching Assistant (two courses per semester,
average class 25 students).
- Incorporated music, film, and literature for an authentic cultural
- Used technology to facilitate and benefit student’s learning
- Taught two small-capacity sections of Spanish 102 and 201 in the NAU Study Abroad Costa Rica Language Program during the 6 weeks.
- Incorporated music, film, and literature for an authentic cultural experience.
- Helped Program Director to organize trips and excursions.
- Took students on field trips looking for opportunities for them to use their Spanish.
The American Association of Teachers of Spanish and Portuguese promotes the study and teaching of the Spanish and Portuguese languages and their corresponding Hispanic, Luso-Brazilian, and other related literatures and cultures at all levels of education.