- National Criminal Record Check
- County/State Criminal Record Check
- Sex Offender Registry Search
- SSN Trace & Verification
Welcome! My name is Toshi M. I was born in Hiroshima City and raised in Tokyo, Japan.
In 2014, I am currently working with a new project through Google called, "Ok Glass." It's a data collection project that leads to the betterment of Google products for voice search capabilities in their Google search engine, Chrome software and Google Glass. Google has chosen me to record, translate and transcribe for these projects within the Japanese division!
***Please read my entire page including the Cancellation, reschedule and late Policy carefully before purchasing lessons!!***
My tutoring policy is not just simply to teach the Japanese language as a Japanese. No, I always want to teach students more than the language.
If you are interested in the Japanese traditions as well as the language and traditions, then that is a good start for learning. Fun, interest and enjoyment are the best tools for learning with my tutoring.
You will not only be able to speak Japanese, but you will grasp the traits of the Japanese language, traditions, history, culture, and, most importantly, the uniquely Japanese styles of courtesy and customs simultaneously!
I teach practical Japanese so you can actually communicate and exchange proper responses with real Japanese with a sense of smooth conversation. My teaching method varies depending on the student's level.
Are you struggling?
Perhaps you went to a Japanese language school, but when you saw Japanese anime or movies you still did not understand? Then you wondered WHY, didn't you! After all, you paid so much money for school!
Here is the answer: most of the school are not teaching true and complete Japanese! Yes, they are teaching proper Japanese very well. but it only works for some test like a JLPT or speaking at work.
The SECRET is that Japanese people do not speak proper Japanese all the time. They usually speak casual, informal Japanese when they are talking with friends and family, and there are gender differences in spoken Japanese!
Japanese movies and anime cartoons, manga, are mostly stories of friends and family, NOT stories of formal work.
That is why you need to know proper Japanese and casual, informal Japanese both! The Japanese culture and language have customs and orders which you must know and understand completely!
I teach both of these structures at the same time. You need to know when and how to change from proper verbs to casual, informal verbs, and then you will begin to understand the Japanese anime and movies!
I am very strong in teaching proper Japanese, including reading and writing Hiragana, Katakana, and Kanji. If you are only interested in JLPT Training (any level) or AP Japanese Language and Culture, we can certainly work with that.
However, I also teach business Japanese, word beautification, gender differences in spoken Japanese, proper and casual conversations, polite language, humble language, and respectful verbs. This is necessary for improving your personal and business relations!
I also teach Japanese slang along with many other aspects of the Japanese culture. Whatever you need or want to learn, I am here to assist you!
Whether you are a beginner or an advanced student, I can tutor you in private lessons at your computer. I am experienced with teaching all levels and all ages!
I give a fun, relaxed lesson and work to teach the precise and gentle true Japanese way in a friendly and open-minded one-on-one session or group lessons via Skype.
I believe you will find everything you need, because I am focused on providing high-quality service and customer satisfaction. I will do everything I can to meet your expectations, and with a variety of offerings to choose from, I am sure you will be happy working with me!
I also teach ORIGAMI (Japanese art of paper folding), how to make SUSHI, and how to hold the Japanese Traditional Tea Ceremony. I am able to give you information about J-POP and traditional Japanese songs as well. We can have fun with those, too.
If you would like to have a lesson once per week or twice per week, let's discuss the possibilities!
I do not usually set up a specific 10-hour or 20-hour plan, because it all depends on the student's level.
I then find the best speed for each student. At that point, if you want to stop at 10 hours, that is fine, and you can stop! Or, if you want to continue to do the class, you can continue. You may stop at 8, 15 or 30 sessions... whatever is best for you!
Do you want to speak Japanese for a few conversations... or do you want to speak Japanese fluently? Or perhaps you want to take a Japanese Language Proficiency Test or AP Japanese Language and Culture Test? That all depends on your achievement!
You can let me know if you want to continue or not anytime! Let's go from there!
If you have any questions about my tutoring, please feel free to contact me through TakeLessons.com.
Hope to see you soon, I look forward to lesson with you! :)
Have an awesome day and God Bless!
Class cancellations and rescheduling must be done 24 hours in advance before the scheduled lesson. If you do not reach me within the 24 hour period, you will be charged for the lesson. (You must contact me 24 hours in advance or else you will be charged for the lesson. It does not matter what the reason the is, you will be charged.)
If you cannot make your assigned lesson time for more than two weeks consecutively (for vacation, camp, or for any other reason) I will have to give your lesson time to another student. I work with many students and have a busy teaching schedule, which means that I cannot afford to hold a time slot with a student that cannot consistently show up for their lesson. If you would to start lessons again, I ask that you please chose your preferred day and time from my availability, and then let me know when you want to start again. I will then put you in my schedule.
If you are going to be late for your lesson, please contact me by text or Skype message before your scheduled class. If you are late 5 minutes or more to class (without prior notice), your lesson will be cancelled, and you will be charged for the missed lesson. No refunds given and you might be terminated from my calendar. Please note: if you signed up for lessons with me, you have agreed to my cancellation, reschedule, and late policy. Also, please read The 24 Hour Golden Rule by takelessons.com...
The NTA was formed in 1992 for the purpose of establishing a membership organization for tutoring professionals. The NTA is dedicated exclusively to tutoring, and represents the interests of thousands of tutors in the U.S. and thirteen other countries, practicing in all phases of tutoring, program administration, and supplemental student services.
· Japanese · Online Great experience, Toshi sensei does a fantastic job at keeping you motivated and guiding the lesson. Already a few lessons in and I am starting to have basic conversations.
Arigatou Gozaimasu Toshi sensei!
· Japanese · Online Excellant
· Japanese · Online Toshi is a fabulous teacher to my 11 year old daughter. She absolutely loves her Japanese lessons and looks forward to them. She has 3 lessons a week with Toshi and has been going strong for 6 months. I love his teaching method, his attention to detail and his patience, whilst at the same time pushing forward and expecting the best he knows that his student is capable of. Toshi shares Japanese culture and information via skype or email outside of 'lesson learning time, which is another wonderful addition to lesson learning outside of actual lesson time'. Toshi is a rare find and I cannot recommend him enough for anyone wanting to learn Japanese.
· Japanese · Online We love Toshi-Sensei! He is a professional, warm, friendly and so patient and very fun with the boys. He is always upbeat and enthusiastic. He helps the boys with their homework and writing sentences with their katakana, kanji. They love working with Toshi so much, and his gentle humor takes most of the drudgery out of doing homework. I love that he is there to help make sure they understand their work, as I don't know any Japanese at all. Toshi is BEST!
· Japanese · Online Since Toshi has started teaching me Japanese, I have started understanding all kinds of Japanese not just business level Japanese. I understand complex interactions and am picking up on cultural cues that would have been very difficult to learn on my own. Toshi has a unique way of teaching which allows you to understand all different levels of Japanese whether TV or animation, day to day conversations with family or friends, business associates, etc. Toshi is very focused like me and has grounded and benchmarked me in my Japanese. He has given me challenges appropriate to my skill level. I feel that with him teaching me I will achieve my goal of speaking fluently to Japanese and also picking up N5-N1 JLPT certifications as I learn. Toshi is a warm, kind, encouraging tutor that will work with you and answer questions at any hour of the day. Highly recommend!!
· Japanese · Online Toshi has been a great tutor so far for my daughter. He has an encouraging teaching style which is always positive. Even when it gets difficult, he is always patient and will slow it down to her pace. He not only teaches the material but talks to her about Japanese culture and lifestyle. My daughter always looks forward to her lessons every week.
· Japanese · Online Awesome experience! My first time learning japanese and Toshi sensei make it look so easy and the way he organized the class made me feel really comfortable.
I'm eager to continue my lessons with sensei.
· Japanese · Online I can't not tell you how wonderful Toshi is! My son has been taking lessons with Toshi and is so excited and motivated. Toshi has a great way of teaching and his method of teaching really works. I highly recommend trying out lessons with Toshi you will not regret it; and you'll be speaking in no time.
· Japanese · Online Toshi is very fun to talk to and is always very nice and really teaches you how to pronounce the words and things of that nature. You learn a lot of vocabulary which is very useful.
· Japanese · Online I love Toshi-sensei because he plays J-pop while we work. He is cool, fun, kind, nice, very positive. He teaches me Japanese culture, J-pop, J-anime, ice cream, snacks, something new every time. and he does a lots of fun things with me. I can speak and read Japanese now. Thank you Toshi-sensei. I love Japanese lesson with Toshi-sensei.