- Teaches students:
- Ages 18+
- Teaching since:
For the past 5 years, I have worked on various online English (ESL) tutoring platforms and worked with beginner, intermediate or advance students. I have taught/tutored students worldwide to improve their Conversational English such as pronunciation, reading comprehension, writing vocabulary and grammar. My tutoring styles are to work together with lesson plans, exercises or project based learning to increase their English language skill set. I am a patient and great listener to assist logically with each project or task.
Also, over 20 years experience in teaching business classes and workshops coupled with online tutoring platforms that involve assisting students or entrepreneurs with their startup businesses through consultation, team development, social media, master your public speaking, business ethics, and professional coaching. In addition, bring clarity to your essays or thesis preparation, resume development and interview "role play" techniques. Over 15 years, supervisory and management arena in the corporate and healthcare settings.
Since 2000, I am a non-profit business owner and have educated individuals to be successful in radio, speaking events, and train-the-trainer sessions. In addition, I am a published author, and in 2010 earned my Doctorate Degree (biblical studies & international missions). Love to travel, attend my exercise classes, writing books, spending time with family and friends, explore museums, and learn more about different cultures, their history and foods (I am health foodie).
I have given support to international students in the areas of Conversational English in test preparation and career development. My passion is to help you rise above your own expectations and be confident in meeting your goals. Do you need assistance in completing important essay or thesis, preparing for that ideal job interview or business presentation? I would be more than happy to help you speak clearly and to improve your English language.
Commanding the English language is very important and vital to your success! So, let's get started today!
Professional Experience / Accomplishments
Independent Compliance Credential & Training Consultant: Orthopedic/Pharmaceutical
• Developed and designated JCAHO/OSHA/CMS DME healthcare compliance structures (corporate compliance, Medicare/Medi-Cal procedures, fraud awareness, OSHA education and training with ongoing inservicing). Organization awarded regulatory compliance.
• Redevelop policies and procedures, budget control measures, marketing and business ethics, standards of conducts, human resources, and licensing.
Business Owner: Community Outreach
• Spokesperson and educator/advocate for community outreach on health issues.
• Continual project management and administrative development of projects.
• Source information and referral services at community events and conferences.
• Effective communicator and public speaker with community and city officials.
• Strong public contact and community relations.
Healthcare Association: Administrative Assistant II/Quality Management Analyst/Supervisor
• Prepared presentation materials and set up training classes. Managed and answered a multi-level line phone system. Coordinated meetings, conferences, and travel arrangements. Prepared correspondence, reports, and policies/procedures. Processed and maintained personnel files, status reports, and other confidential information. Maintained and updated the department’s policy and procedure manuals.
• Performed medical chart reviews against the regulated criteria. Enter results of peer review into database and prepared reappointment profiles utilizing the database systems.
• Peer review activities, meeting preparation, case review follow-up. Prepares meeting documentation for clinical service committees, attend and take meeting minutes. Implemented new letter notification processes. Prepared work schedules, assigned personnel, evaluated work performance, and target recommendations for personnel actions, which included interviewing/hiring process to disciplinary actions. Timekeeping and payroll tasks. Human resources management functions which consists of application process, training new employees, conducted yearly evaluations. Successfully developed a New Hire Orientation program that resulted in low-turnover rates and increased productivity. Documented all training and developed and implemented the train-the-trainer programs.
Next Dimension Bible University
Doctorate Degree – June 2010
OSHA & Corporate Compliance/Fraud Awareness Training
Terri has been teaching English to my parents for a while now. She is a great teacher! Punctual, well-organized, formal, and caring are some of her great qualities. I would recommend her to anyone who needs ESL lessons!