- Teaches students:
- Ages 5+ and special needs
- Teaching since:
Hi, I'm Tara! I'm from Austin, Texas, and have been teaching ESL for the past three years in Spain. I've taught hundreds of classes- private and at bilingual schools (both primary and secondary). My classes have been on all sorts of subjects- from exam preparation to business English, to conversation, and beyond.
I absolutely love it when a student achieves their goal- whether that be entrance into a certain educational program, a better job as a result of improving their English, or a step closer to fluency. This is what drives me to be the best teacher I can possibly be.
I teach all ages and experience levels, and have experience doing so. I hold a Bachelor's degree in International Studies from Texas State University, and received my TEFL certificate from the International TEFL Academy.
All of my students, meaning 100%, who were studying for exams such as TOEFL, Trinity, Cambridge and more passed their exams and reached their desired levels.
Together we will work as a team to figure out what it is you need to improve your English, whether that be your speaking, reading, writing, or listening. I'll teach you the most useful language and structures that are most relevant to your life and will be of the most benefit to you.
I encourage you to discuss your interests during class. Talking about what you love or are interested in is great practice, as it's very motivating. I look forward to meeting you in class- I'm sure you will enjoy our time together!
● Worked 12 hours a week teaching English to Spanish students aged 5 to 11
● Aided in improving speaking skills through material I prepared
● Prepared and carried out readings, conversation topics, games for the classroom, and lesson plans
● Aided in pronunciation and reading comprehension
● Taught English to Spanish students aged 7 to 10
● Utilized the Direct Method to improve students’ grammar, listening, writing, and speaking skills
● Researched and created course materials, based on provided course materials, including many games to practice speaking and help retain vocabulary
● Planned and taught between 3-6 classes daily
● Taught English to Spanish students aged 11 to 16
● Prepared classes using provided materials and personal teaching materials
● Focused on improving students’ grammar, listening, writing, and speaking skills
● Created course materials, including quizzes and reading samples
Awarded a 170 Hour Certification Consisting Of: 150 Hours Coursework & 20 Hours Practicum
Great teacher! I've taken English classes with Tara for two years and it has been very useful for me. I've improved my level and I'm able now to speak English fluently. Sharing classes with Tara have been a great experience. Thanks Tara.