*****Before you sign up*****
There are three simple things you need to know about my tutoring program.
1. I always expect more from my students because I have observed and documented all general traits and phases of language development during my classes and yes, you can always do better than you think you can.
2. My classes go beyond standard delivery of grammar and vocabulary. I bring my students to understanding of how a particular language works as a communication tool and how it can be enhanced.
3. Progress, feeling of accomplishment and remarkable results are just as important and desirable for me as for you therefore I do my best as a teacher for helping you to do your best as a student which should not be a problem if you have made the decision: "I will be proficient in this language!"
For over 6 years of professional experience as Russian/French/ESL teacher, I have worked with all types of students with different learning styles and various goals: taught within U.S. public education institutions, provided private classes for children and adults, developed and implemented individualized syllabus for diplomats, high rank executives at multinational companies, employees of U.S. Embassy and Department of State.
Thanks to all my students, current and former, I am now confident that every individual, willing to learn one of the languages I teach, without a doubt, has everything it takes to succeed when the right approach is applied during the learning process and that is when your classes are comprehensible, interesting and engaging.
It is thouroughtly personalized and organized according to your interests (general and professional), schedule, final goals, learning style and many other important elements to be taken into account.
Each session is 60 minutes.
Every session is prepared to reach a particular goal and structured in the way to have a maximum profit from "teacher - student" part of learning. Supporting materials are sent after each session: grammar notes, retention exercises, homework assignments, audio and video files as phonetic exercises and listening practice. The content of these materials is permanently tested and modified in order to achieve the best way to engage each individual student's language acquisition mechanisms.
Teacher's support 24/7.
The way I see it, with each new student - there is a new process in my head that starts and constantly creates and improves techniques, ideas, method components, teaching style e.t.c for getting this particular student to do the best he or she can.
More recommendations can be provided upon request.
Preparation of effective language programs: Modeling efficient structures to provide comprehensible input and set of instructional techniques to support internalization of foreign language; Selection and formation of curriculum content based on thorough study of student’s interests, objectives and learning preferences in order to maximize motivational and engagement level; Specialized in government test preparation (FSI, ILR, DLPT) and designing private courses for high rank executives.
• Selected to create and implement individualized syllabus for Commercial Counselor at US Embassy, preparing for his assignment in Moscow, with a goal to progress from beginner to functional (Basic +), which was largely overpassed, according to the final test results, demonstrating that the student achieved intermediate level of proficiency.
• Developed short term intensive courses focused on test taking strategies and test content for employees of Department of State. For all students, the expected test results were achieved or overpassed.
• Elaborated flexible and efficient syllabus for Berlitz clients who are unable to follow classes at school locations and accordingly to regular schedule. Majority of these students showed high level of satisfaction with the classes by consequent reenrollment.
Provided tutoring in conversational French and English, academic assistance and professional tutoring for young people and adults.
Mission, exercised during attendance of the program “school for teachers” organized by Hudson County Schools of Technology for enhancing teaching skills in the field of inclusive education, which involved elaborating and implementing a wide range of curriculum, using innovative and creative thinking in order to provide a comfortable studying atmosphere where pedagogical goals can meet individual needs of each learner.
Launched and coordinated firm’s first major investment projects in Europe and China
Established collaboration with firm’s foreign partners, oversaw contract revisions and selected and trained personnel for operating in a multinational business environment
Modernized and integrated efficient audit framework models in accounting department
Served as company’s liaison to governmental and other public entities in Moscow
Presented paper on program development for a $150 million project—one of the firm’s largest—to Moscow’s Minister of Commerce during intra-governmental commission meeting
Led research on critical issues in retail market development; wrote in-depth analytical report, findings from which formed the core of an official government report
Test for obtaining licensure for teaching in public schools in Massachusetts.