My name is Rhiannon and I am a third generation crafter. Originally I went to school for art history, all the while crafting. Eventually I had enough of studying other people's work and instead wanted to make my own and empower others to do the same.
I consider myself to be the "Swiss Army Knife" of crafters. I have delved into nearly every craft and love passing this knowledge onto my students. For these reasons I have a diverse range of crafts I can teach, including: knitting, crochet, embroidery, hairpin lace, needle felting, and shuttle tatting. In addition to my passion for a variety of crafts, I also love teaching a variety of skill levels, from students beginning their first stitch to someone who wants to redesign a pattern.
With a positive attitude and a willingness to learn I can teach you any of a variety of crafts.
I develop and implement my own curriculum of adult group classes. Right now I am focusing on embroidery, but have taught beginning to advanced knitting classes there as well.
I have worked for Lion Brand since November of 2013, where I began teaching classes shortly thereafter.
Since winter of 2012 I have fabricated for companies like Lion Brand Yarn as well as artists, including Nathan Vincent and Jeila Gueramian.
· Crocheting · Online Myself and a co-worker spent 3 lunch hours with Rhiannon learning the basics of crochet. Rhiannon taught us the various stitches and patiently worked with us until we were comfortable with each one. She also directed us to an online resource to support her instruction that we could refer to as needed. This was our first online lesson of any kind and we were extremely happy with what we learned and the convenience of learning it online. Thank you Rhiannon. :)
· Embroidery · In studio Rhiannon is super nice, knowledgeable, and patient. It's hard to say much from the first lesson but I look forward to more!
· Embroidery · Online I loved my class with Rhiannon. I was a little unsure about how an embroidery class would truly work online. However, my class was clear, enjoyable and I particularly liked how Rhiannon showed me how each stitch I learned today, can be used to create specific effects. She used her own embroidery projects to illustrate this for me.
I can't wait for my next class!
· Knitting · In studio Rhiannon is a really great instructor. She's patient and knowledgeable. I took a slip stitch knitting class with her and it was a lot of fun. I highly recommend Rhiannon for any crafting classes she's offering; you'll learn a lot!
· Embroidery · In studio Rhiannon is knowledgeable, patient and inspiring. She explains complicated stitches well and I was able to easily learn from her. Her style is relaxed and encouraging. I would happily take another class with her again.
· Crocheting · In studio Rhiannon is such a great teacher! She is super patient and helpful, and really knows how to motivate her students. Her work is very inspiring and makes me want to really improve my crochet lace skills. She taught me how to use crochet to make lace motifs, and now I feel comfortable doing it all on my own.