- Teaches students:
- Ages 12+
- Teaching since:
I'm a Native French speaker, perfectly fluent in English and Spanish, with 16+ years experience in private and public school teaching in New York City.
My strong point is my ability to cater lessons fitted to the needs of every student through my knowledge of various teaching methods and use of diverse material that I have accumulated over a many year long period of attending teaching workshops and doing research.
When you sign up for a set of classes with me, in addition to the online lessons, you will also be given free and unlimited access to my private website of extensive French resources for students of all levels.
City College of the City University of New York (New York, NY)
- Pursuing a Master’s degree in English Literature, ongoing (required coursework completed)
Hunter College of the City University of New York (New York, NY)
- Bachelor of Arts in English Literature & Romance languages (French & Spanish literature), January 2007
Teach virtual online classes
• Taught French to English speaking children from nursery to grade 6.
• Created the entire French curriculum for all the classes.
• responsible for creating the entire French part of the year end show [songs & choreography]
• Taught French conversation, grammar, writing, reading to classes of 10th to 12th graders through powerpoint presentations, dialogues, vidéos, group games, group projects, role play, etc.
• Taught French conversation to adults using the Berlitz method
• Taught French conversation, grammar, writing, reading to 9th to 12th graders
• Prepared students for exams such as the French Regent
Taught both conversational and Business French to adults: All levels.
• Designed and implemented lesson plans based on each of my students’ personal needs.
• Assessed students’ progress monthly through reports sent to company.
Taught Conversational French to adults: Levels 1 & 2.
• Created lesson plans based largely on the Rassias method taught and used at Baruch College.
• Developed activities and practice exercises drawing from various methods and through the use of teaching material bought at the Northeast Conference
Taught French Conversation classes to adults of all levels.
• Designed lesson plans using dialogues and scenarios with visual cues, and various other creative techniques based on the Rassias method.
• Expanded students’ vocabulary & introduced grammar through simple and progressive substitution drills.
Held in March 2008 for a total of two days.
Held in March 2006 for a total of two days.
Conference held in March 2005 for a total of two days.
Completed certificate of two language teaching method workshops, totaling 35 hours, offered by the Rassias Foundation and Baruch College of the City University of New York. Conducted by John
Rassias, and held on October 18-20, 2002 and December 6-7, 2002.
wonderful first lesson!
Mylène was very patient and well prepared prepared for our first lesson. She has a friendly and encouraging demeanor which is so helpful to beginning students. She gave me the opportunity to both answer questions in French and to ask them. She determines the students level of ability, then moves instruction forward from there. She had many visual aids to guide conversation and study materials were provided after the lesson. I thoroughly enjoyed my first lesson and look forward to the next one.+ Read More
I enjoyed the first lesson. It was interesting and fascinating. Mylene posts grammar and vocabulary lessons on Quizlet. It allows to do a lot of exercises in the form of a game. Very helpful and inspiring!
She's FANTASTIC! I've never met a teacher like Mylene before. She really prepares a lot for your class and has so many helpful materials. She also makes sure that you review and study what you've learned in the class, which really helps me make a progress. I'm almost hesitant to write this review since I don't want her to become too busy! ;-)+ Read More
I needed help with my SAT French SUBJECT test and I signed up with Mylene. I was glad I did because I got a lot out of my sessions with her. I just took the test and it was a whole lot easier than the first time. She was a great help.
It was a very good first class. From second 1 she addressed to me in French which I think is the best way to learn a new language.
She was really clear and in a really nice pace. Looking forward to my second lesson.
After only one lesson, I feel that Mylène will be a perfect teacher for me. She also happens to be from the region of France where I plan to reside. I am very encouraged.
I love working with Mylene! She is friendly, patient, knowledgeable, flexible, and encouraging -- all of which are absolute essentials for me when learning. I also really appreciate the extra materials she makes available to students!
Formidable. Elle est encourageante, sympa et compétent.
A great first lesson!
Excellent 1st lesson
What a great lesson! Looking forward to many more.
Mylène is a great instructor and has been very helpful with my French in many ways. I have never had a French lesson with a teacher before (only audio programs), so I am still a beginner. Mylène adapted her lessons to help with my needs for my quickly approaching trip to France... She had me speaking right away! Thank you!! ~Louis+ Read More
I’m very happy with the lessons I’ve taken with Mylene. French language is used at all times. I am totally immersed. The teaching materials are excellent. I’m always engaged from the beginning to the end of a lesson. I also like the fact that Mylene provides us with plenty of materials for homework. She has greatly increased my confidence in being able to learn French.+ Read More
My experience in learning French with Mylene, in the two years I’ve been taking lessons with her, exceeded my expectations. Mylene is very professional in her approach to providing excellent teaching. My online lessons have been amazing. I do so many interesting things during my lessons with Mylene that I don’t see my 11/2 hour lesson going by. In addition to her lessons, she has a student resource website that contains a huge variety of grammar, vocabulary, oral exercises and all kinds of other activities. This is very helpful. After each lesson, she also sends me supplemental online study material related to the lesson+ Read More
I have been working with Mylene for a few months now. I like Mylene's teaching style very much. As a native Russian speaker, I was a little concerned about my French pronunciation. However, Mylene is a true expert in her subject, and after only couple of sessions I noticed huge improvements. Mylene makes learning French easy and enjoyable! I always look forward to my lessons with Mylene.+ Read More
I wanted a French tutor that had been trained in the Rassias method. Mylène had that training and followed that method for our lesson so it was just what I was looking for. Mylène was very encouraging and helpful. It was a great lesson.