I'm a Native French speaker, perfectly fluent in English and Spanish, with 16+ years experience in private and public school teaching in New York City.
My strong point is my ability to cater lessons fitted to the needs of every student through my knowledge of various teaching methods and use of diverse material that I have accumulated over a many year long period of attending teaching workshops and doing research.
When you sign up for a set of classes with me, in addition to the online lessons, you will also be given free and unlimited access to my private website of extensive French resources for students of all levels.
City College of the City University of New York (New York, NY)
- Pursuing a Master’s degree in English Literature, ongoing (required coursework completed)
Hunter College of the City University of New York (New York, NY)
- Bachelor of Arts in English Literature & Romance languages (French & Spanish literature), January 2007
Teach virtual online classes
• Taught French to English speaking children from nursery to grade 6.
• Created the entire French curriculum for all the classes.
• responsible for creating the entire French part of the year end show [songs & choreography]
• Taught French conversation, grammar, writing, reading to classes of 10th to 12th graders through powerpoint presentations, dialogues, vidéos, group games, group projects, role play, etc.
• Taught French conversation to adults using the Berlitz method
• Taught French conversation, grammar, writing, reading to 9th to 12th graders
• Prepared students for exams such as the French Regent
Taught both conversational and Business French to adults: All levels.
• Designed and implemented lesson plans based on each of my students’ personal needs.
• Assessed students’ progress monthly through reports sent to company.
Taught Conversational French to adults: Levels 1 & 2.
• Created lesson plans based largely on the Rassias method taught and used at Baruch College.
• Developed activities and practice exercises drawing from various methods and through the use of teaching material bought at the Northeast Conference
Taught French Conversation classes to adults of all levels.
• Designed lesson plans using dialogues and scenarios with visual cues, and various other creative techniques based on the Rassias method.
• Expanded students’ vocabulary & introduced grammar through simple and progressive substitution drills.
Held in March 2008 for a total of two days.
Held in March 2006 for a total of two days.
Conference held in March 2005 for a total of two days.
Completed certificate of two language teaching method workshops, totaling 35 hours, offered by the Rassias Foundation and Baruch College of the City University of New York. Conducted by John
Rassias, and held on October 18-20, 2002 and December 6-7, 2002.