I am 22 years old. I have graduated from Southeastern University with my BA in English and Intercultural Studies. I am TESOL certified and I have a Spanish Minor. I am conversationally fluent in Spanish and have had most of my experience teaching Spanish speakers. I have been teaching for 3 years and have coordinated an English school. Currently I am working as an ESL Citizenship instructor with the Arab and Hispanic population in Michigan.
Designed, developed, taught, and evaluated curriculum for all skill areas (listening, speaking, reading, writing, vocabulary, and grammar) for beginning, intermediate, and advanced level ESL/EFL and GED students every Tuesday/Thursday evening on the Southeastern campus; scheduled classes, arranged room assignments, and assigned teachers to classes; developed handbook and policy guidelines in conjunction with faculty supervisor, Dr. Annette Graves; administered and scored placement tests and assigned English language learners to classes; designed, developed, delivered, and evaluated in-service training for FIRE English teachers; coordinated child care for adult English language learners; developed, implemented, and evaluated marketing strategies for FIRE English classes; strategized local outreach to and recruitment of adult English language learners; supervised and evaluated FIRE English teachers; approved teacher lesson plans.
Project start-up manager for community English language classes; designed,
developed, taught, and evaluated beginner-level morning and afternoon classes, with minimum enrollments of 20 age 10 and above students; created all homework and assessments daily and provided private lessons in evenings.
Designed, developed, implemented, and evaluated curriculum for ESL citizenship classes for a Southeastern University student-led local outreach to adult English language learners and limited English proficiency student in the Lakeland, Florida, public schools; designed, developed, taught, and evaluated curriculum in all skill areas or limited English proficiency adults.
Sigma Tau Delta, International English Honor Society, was founded in 1924 at Dakota Wesleyan University. The Society strives to Confer distinction for high achievement in English language and literature in undergraduate, graduate, and professional studies; Provide, through its local chapters, cultural stimulation on college campuses and promote interest in literature and the English language in surrounding communities; Foster all aspects of the discipline of English, including literature, language, and writing; Promote exemplary character and good fellowship among its members; Exhibit high standards of academic excellence; and Serve society by fostering literacy.
· ESL · Online She is awesome!! She is so sweet, smart and knows your needs just by listening to you. She is encouraging, patient and responsible! I give her 5 stars but would definitely give her 10.
· ESL · In studio Mirranda is a gifted teacher and truly cares about her students!
· · In studio Mirranda is an incredible teacher! She is thorough in her work and genuinely cares not only about the student's progress, but about them as people. She is extremely knowledgeable and helpful, patient, and selfless. She is one of the best teachers I've ever worked with! Nothing is too much for her to do for one of her students.
· ESL · In studio Mirranda is so awesome! She is a joy to be around and I have learned so much from her not just academically but also as a friend. She will definitely be able to teach you no matter what level of English you are at. Pick Mirranda!!
· ESL · In studio This teacher has been teaching for a while and knows what she is doing! I am confident in her ability to teach anyone at any level who wants to learn the English language. Don't hesitate to contact her for lessons -you will not be disappointed!