Hi! Thanks for your interest in taking lessons with me. I've been teaching group classes in schools and companies and private lessons since 2004. I have enjoyed helping thousands of people improve their speaking, listening, reading and writing. I've worked with a wide range of people — from students, immigrants, and refugees to celebrities, CEOs, and professional athletes.
In 2001, I graduated from University of California, San Diego with a degree in Communications. I also completed certification courses to get a TESOL (ESL) certification, an International Teaching License, and a Health Coach Certification. You can see the scans of these documents in my photo section.
I'm an energetic and patient person, and my teaching is fun, flexible, and full of useful information – I have the answers to all of your questions! I am a member of a teaching association with huge database of materials, so I am always prepared with exercises and activities that are exactly what you need to improve your skills.
Because I am also a coach, I specialize in helping people with low confidence and nervousness. I'm an expert at quickly making you feel confident and relaxed — and ready for your next business presentation or lunch with coworkers.
I would be happy to answer any questions. Please send me a message today!
I'm looking forward to meeting you and helping you improve your English!
While I taught at various institutions in the past 10 years, I have also maintained my own ESL Tutoring and Health Coaching business.
I have helped thousands of clients overcome low confidence and unhealthy habits by building up their strengths and practicing concentration on accomplishing goals.
By working with me, both English students and coaching clients have improved their communication skills through speaking, reading, writing and listening exercises specially selected for them.
Indirectly, more confidence leads to greater life satisfaction, physical well-being and happiness. Couldn't we all use some more of those?!
My focus as a health coach is to help my clients find more energy simply by adjusting lifestyle habits like eating, drinking, moving, enjoying, working, and concentrating.
At Ingles Activa, I lead conversation groups of advanced English learners and gave private classes to business professionals.
I had a lot of success using Skype for classes. I scanned and sent lesson notes and homework assignments.
In 5 years at Rennert, I worked with international students and working professionals from every corner of the globe: Saudi Arabia, Korea, Japan, Brazil, Venezuela, Mexico, Spain, Italy, France, Germany, Sweden, Holland, and more.
My classes were composed of 10 students aged 16-70, but most of my students were around 21.
The goal of my classes was to create and maintain an entertaining learning environment with an emphasis on practical English usage.
My students were always very happy in my classes because I make learning fun and stress-free.
At Cornell University, I helped International students complete their class assignments, including Master's theses.
At Inlingua, I taught business English to IBM professionals. I created and taught lessons, administered tests, and assessed student performance.
AADP Certified to guide men and women to find optimum wellness through education, exercises, goal setting, and support.
Internationally Certified to teach English as a Second or Foreign Language (ESL / EFL)
CATESOL represents teachers of English language learners throughout California and Nevada, promoting excellence in education and providing high-quality professional development.
TESOL International Association’s mission is to advance professional expertise in English language teaching and learning for speakers of other languages worldwide.
· English · Online I have so much fun talking with her.
· English · Online I really enjoyed my lesson with Michelle. She is a great tutor with her special skill. The only reason I did not give her a 5 starts at this time is because I want to finish more sessions to truly give her a 5 star from bottom of my heart. I would love to continue my journey with her and I am faithful I will improve quickly with her help.
· ESL · Online Michelle has lots of patience. Gives good homework that matches my level.
· ESL · In studio Michelle,
Es una magnifica instructora. Con una personalidad amable y calida. Disponibilidad en horario.
Utilice sus servicios para mejorar mi escritura y lectura en ingles. Actualmente curso estudios nivel licenciatura aquí en Los Angeles. En poco tiempo note gran mejoría en mi desempeño.
Se nota la gran experiencia que tiene como instructora. Las clases son amenas, personalizadas y muy enriquecedoras. El tiempo pasa volando.
Las tareas son divertidas de realizar, sencillas, y las revisiones por su parte son objetivas y precisas.
Altamente recomendable, en mi experiencias si deseas mejorar tu comprensión, gramática, pronunciación, etc. Michelle es una buena opción.
Muchas gracias Michelle!
· Accent Reduction · In studio Michelle was a great teacher, she helped me improve my accent and she's also very nice
· ESL · Online Great!!!!
· ESL · In studio Michelle is amazing. She teaches more than just grammar and vocabulary--she truly helped me raise my confidence level in speaking English, both at work and in a social setting. Plus, she always customized the lessons to fit my needs and interests, so our tutoring sessions were super interesting.
I highly recommend her if you have a chance to work with her!
· · In studio I had the opportunity to work with Michelle during our time in Barcelona. She always has great teaching ideas, is very knowledgeable about a wide range of topics and is super friendly. I highly recommend taking classes with her!
· English · In home Michelle is a great teacher, very experienced, knowledgeable, patient and sympathetic, and she can make learning English lots of fun too.
Having traveled around the world, Michelle can easily understand cultural differences, and quickly adjust to the meet her students needs.
I highly recommend her!
· English · In studio Michelle is extremely knowledgeable about languages - she always has interesting linguistics facts and talking points to share. She is also always on time and well prepared. If you're looking for a reliable and responsible professional but also a fun and patient teacher, I can't recommend her highly enough.