I have been a full time private English instructor for 9 years, primarily with professionals who need to improve language skills for working in the United States or working with Americans. This includes, slang, idioms, phrasal verbs, professional email writing, presentations, American culture, accent/pronunciation and more.
I have created The Bellieu Method, which is a specific way to learn languages, which is the most effective for acquiring a language.
I always use RELEVANT articles to read, TV shows to watch, books to read, radio shows to listen to, in order to incorporate English as much as possible in every aspect of the student's life.
I have had contracts with Hitachi, NTT Data, American Airlines, Southwest Airlines, Samsung, Ferrovial, Webber, Bluebonnet, Austin Bridges and Roads, North Tarrant Infrastructure, Trinity, Mary Kay International, and many, many more international companies.
How I teach: I create customized classes for you. I teach you to SPEAK the language. Lessons are dynamic, fun and give you confidence, incorporating things you like: TV, radio, music, movies, current events, and much more.
One-on-one, small groups, company-wide programs, online, in person.
I am fluent in English and Spanish, proficient in French, beginner in Japanese. Because I have been learning languages for over 20 years, I 120% understand how to learn languages and therefore teach them.
I am the proud owner of my own Spanish and English school. I give private lessons to executives and professionals from international companies from various countries: India, France, Japan, Korea, Russia, Spain, and more. I have been in business for over 9 years. Our curriculum is designed to help your specific needs. Whether it is accent reduction, grammar, conversation classes, vocabulary needs, presentations, email writing or overall fluency, I will create a specific plan for you.
I write reviews for a travel website called Gogobot. I mainly write about restaurants, hotels, events, and anything else I find interesting in the Dallas area.
Created a unique English curriculum for grades 1st-5th. I was in charge of teaching the English language in a unique way that strayed away from typical grammar and focused more on communication through various activities. this was a Reggio-style school.
Boston Phoenix newspaper had a readership of 500,000.
I wrote articles about night life around Boston. These articles were published and distributed throughout Boston.
This is a level 4 out of 6 total levels to test for complete fluency in French. This is the nationally recognized test for being able to work in a French-speaking environment. I believe it is important to continue learning languages in order to understand my students. This is a conversational level of French, and I will take my level 3 test this summer. I am dedicated to language learning and cultural awareness.
This is a teacher training course to prepare teachers to teach English to non-native speakers. This course is essential to understanding the grammar and pronunciation aspects of my native language. Being native in English is not enough to reduce accent, improve vocabulary, and effectively correct grammar mistakes, while learning tricky phrasal verbs.
· Spanish · In home Lots of fun, still remembering time as a family, still remember songs we sang. Micah is always smiling, and flexible with needs.
· Spanish · Online Micah is absolutely wonderful, she makes you want to learn and enjoy learning!!
· Spanish · Online Micah is an exceptional Spanish tudor and instructor. She knows the intricacies of the Spanish language and can provide deep knowledge of the grammar and rules. For me she helped me tremendously with my pronunciation and was patient and enthusiastic about teaching me how to speak, read, listen Spanish. If you really want to learn this language with a pro, search no further. Micah is among the very best.
· English · In home I scheduled english class with Micah (both fluent in spanish and english) for my friend who speaks only Spanish (No english). I speak both Spanish and English. Micah did not call back. Instead someone named Joanie who is her "assistant" called back and says that she helps Micah. She then said that she would be also doing the lesson. I thought this was odd but went with it because I had thought she was same caliber as Micah. I was there for first lesson with my friend.
Joanie did not give any instructions. Just began in English -- "My name is..". "Your name is..." Asked her to get notebook -- all in English. I asked her to tell instructions to my friend in spanish because My friend did NOT understand at all. Joanie then replied that she likes to do her classes in English as people learn better than way. I let this go for another 1-2 minutes. I began to get suspicious that Joanie could not speak Spanish at all. Then I stepped in again and stated very directly that I would like for Joanie to speak Spanish to Mari to explain instructions and I would like to see. She finally admitted that she spoke "little spanish" and "better with Thai". I told her it was a misrepresentation on her part (as well as Micah) to clients. She then replied " No I speak spanish." The only spanish I heard her say during the entire time was 2 words.. "mira leer". It also sounded like Micah has been doing this for awhile.
They both should be ashamed of themselves - misrepresenting to clients what they think they are getting (someone who is fluent in spanish and english) and in fact who they are actually getting (someone who only speaks english). Is this even legal? Isn't this part of switch and bait law - which is illegal ?
By the way, I don't want to dissuade people from using take lessons -- because I have had an excellent experience. The teacher I have to teach my kids trumpet and piano lessons who is outstanding. Just beware of the switcherooo.
I couldn't give zero stars - which is what they should have gotten-- hence the one star.
Hope this review helps.
· Spanish · Online The lesson was prompt and the instructor (Alice) was excellent. She took her time and the interactive nature of the session made it enjoyable. Take a chance with Micah and you will be glad you did. Gratias
· Spanish · Online I've only had one lesson so far, and I'm looking forward to more!
· Spanish · Online Micah has been very good at giving me what I need to improve my Spanish and encouraging me to stretch and do more. She has great patience and is very helpful during the lessons.
· Spanish · Online The most difficult aspect of learning a new language for adults is fear of making an embarrassing mistake. Micah and other teachers in the Fluency Corp have created a supportive and comfortable environment where I am able to utilize our newly acquired vocabulary words and grammar into simple conversations, which is exactly my goal. The consistent progress I experience after each lesson is a big motivating factor that propels me forward.
· Spanish · In studio Micah is patient and energetic. She made it easy to understand, I look forward to learning from her!
· Spanish · Online A great teacher!